• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Desktop slowdown

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dangerouSoul

Hi guys i built a new system.. maximus VIII hero, 6700K, 16gb corsair vengeance lpx 3000mhz.. The problem is on desktop it gets a bit of a slowdown, don´t know why.. maybe u could help me, never had this kind of issue with other builds =(. I assembly the system on tuesday.. when i move cursor the cursor doesn´t move softly like its supposed..

You're going to have to give a lot more information than that if you want us to be able to help you...

Please list all parts, operating system, monitor brand and model, other installed software, better description of problem (video is better).

- - - Updated - - -

You're going to have to give a lot more information than that if you want us to be able to help you...

Please list all parts, operating system, monitor brand and model, other installed software, better description of problem (video is better).

Hi man..
Asus rog maximus VIII Hero
I7 6700k
Corsair H100i
16Gb corsair vengeance Lpx black 3000mhz
SSD Samsung 500Gb
1Tb Seagate 7200rpm
Xfx 850w Pro series
Windows 10 64bit

What monitor? No graphics card??

Can you describe the issue in (a lot) more detail? Things you have tried to fix it? Is it intermittent? Or did it used to not be an issue and now it is? Has it always been like this? This is the kind of thing where a video would be better by like 1000x.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mouse or tried another device?
Have you looked in task manager to see what is going on CPU usage wise during the slowdown?
That's the only "slowdown" that you've reported thus far.

two things i have seen cause things like the courser not moving smoothly, vcore sag and the chipset driver,

What monitor? No graphics card??

Can you describe the issue in (a lot) more detail? Things you have tried to fix it? Is it intermittent? Or did it used to not be an issue and now it is? Has it always been like this? This is the kind of thing where a video would be better by like 1000x.

XFX rx480 gtr black edition v2.0.
I assembly this system, formatted.. Things got installed.. I only installed gpu driver. The rest got installed automatically.

- - - Updated - - -

two things i have seen cause things like the courser not moving smoothly, vcore sag and the chipset driver,

Never had this problem, but like i said new system mate..

Have you tried un-installing/re-installing graphics drivers? Or trying a different version?

"I assembly this system, formatted.. Things got installed.. I only installed gpu driver. The rest got installed automatically."

So you didn't install the drivers off the motherboard disc/from the vendors website? Windows installs generic drivers, but you should always install the proper manufacturer drivers too, from the disc if you want them outdated (but will work) or download the latest from the relevant motherboard website.

"I assembly this system, formatted.. Things got installed.. I only installed gpu driver. The rest got installed automatically."

So you didn't install the drivers off the motherboard disc/from the vendors website? Windows installs generic drivers, but you should always install the proper manufacturer drivers too, from the disc if you want them outdated (but will work) or download the latest from the relevant motherboard website.

Did that already. didn´t work either =(. Don´t know what else to do.. I´ll do a vid later for you guys..I think its better..

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mouse or tried another device?
Have you looked in task manager to see what is going on CPU usage wise during the slowdown?
That's the only "slowdown" that you've reported thus far.

Saw that already.. only 2% usage..

Assuming the OS is installed on the SSD, it might be worth it to see if a firmware update is available? What specific model ssd do you have?

Last edited:
Am I the only person here who would really appreciate a video demonstrating the issue? I'm having trouble picturing it and I know that I, for one, would be much more able to help if I could see a video. Something else that might help diagnose where precisely the problem is occuring would be to record yourself mousing around the desktop both externally, and internally.

In otherwords, record your desktop with a program like OBS while you also film the screen with a camera. If the issue is only on the camera, you pretty much have your answer.

I would disconnect peripherals that the PC does not need to run, then try the mouse. How does your mouse work in Bios?

Assuming the OS is installed on the SSD, it might be worth it to see if a firmware update is available? What specific model ssd do you have?

It was the first things that i did..Installed everything for the mobo then the ssd. i have samsung 840 500gb. When i was playing mafia 3 and gunslinger the system hanged up =(. The last time the system hanged up on mafia i had to reboot..

- - - Updated - - -

I would disconnect peripherals that the PC does not need to run, then try the mouse. How does your mouse work in Bios?

Well..

Am I the only person here who would really appreciate a video demonstrating the issue? I'm having trouble picturing it and I know that I, for one, would be much more able to help if I could see a video. Something else that might help diagnose where precisely the problem is occuring would be to record yourself mousing around the desktop both externally, and internally.

In otherwords, record your desktop with a program like OBS while you also film the screen with a camera. If the issue is only on the camera, you pretty much have your answer.

Can´t upload vid here.. Says is to large.

Back