• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Desktop wallpaper problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Seal

Hi guys need help again.

You know how you can set a picture as a desktop wallpaper. I've done that recently but then decided to change it. Now whenever i reboot my computer and just before the logon screen comes up, my old wallpaper comes up for about 1 second even though it isnt set as the wallpaper anymore.

Anyone know how i can remove this or change it back to default? Its kinda a bit dodgy because its of a 1/2 naked woman.

Cheers
Seal

DDR-PIII

Disabled
rename your old wallpaper... it happened to me beofer too on w9x but now i use xp pro.

OP
Seal

Seal

Yeah, i tried that, even tried deleting it but it still pops up!!! confusing!

I'm using XP pro too but it still happens.

UnWishedLegacy

hmmmmmm. have you got "active desktop" turned on (so you can use jpg and other- high compression art formats), im using Win M.E so if these terms are old- nevermind.

If you turn ALL wallpaper and background patterns OFF, then re-boot. things should be back to normal, but you must deactivate this active desktop thingie, and your bipmaps and anything else running on your desktop.

there could be a file (in your desktop properties menu) called "internet explorer wallpaper"- if you can delete that... all should be calm

OP
Seal

Seal

Whew, found it. What it did was it copied the picture, made it into a .bmp and put in in c:\windows called default.bmp

all i needed to do was delete this file.

Cheers for the help!
Seal