• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Detla 80mm 80cfm

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kato

Addicted Tweaker
hey, just wanna tell you guys if you are using the MCX462 with the Detla 80mm 68cfm fan, go and change it to the 80cfm one...my cpu temp is 35C with [email protected] in the background. droped a whole 5C!!!

although my hearing is damage now:D , but for the 5C, its worth it!!!(some dyna-mat maybe:rolleyes: )

nikhsub1

Unoriginal Macho Moderator
I get 35C with folding as well but with the 68CFM Delta, but, I have a 40CFM Sunon in the side panel blowing DIRECTLY onto the Delta. I only get a 2-3C drop with the 80CFM, not worth the noise!

Voodoo Rufus

Powder Junkie Moderator
What would be more interesting to know would be the temp. difference between ambient and the CPU temp because then it hints at the efficiency of the setup.

nikhsub1

Voodoo Rufus said:
What would be more interesting to know would be the temp. difference between ambient and the CPU temp because then it hints at the efficiency of the setup.

Room temp= 23C
MB Temp= 25C
CPU Temp=31C

This is according to Bios and MBM5, and my handy room thermometer. With my set up, CPU temp is always 6-7C higher than MB temp and MB temp is always 1-2C higher than room temp.:D

Voodoo Rufus

Powder Junkie Moderator
Ah, better. That's a good temp delta, assuming the bios CPU temp is accurate. Right now I get 30C CPU and 20C ambient, with a thermistor attached to the copper block. The bios reads 40C, but I don't have much airflow in the case to remove the air under the socket.

nikhsub1

Voodoo Rufus said:
Ah, better. That's a good temp delta, assuming the bios CPU temp is accurate. Right now I get 30C CPU and 20C ambient, with a thermistor attached to the copper block. The bios reads 40C, but I don't have much airflow in the case to remove the air under the socket.

I think the temps are pretty accurate, I have 7 case fans and the PSU fan. So I have 5 Blowing in and 3 exhausting. When I put a 50CFM Sunon on my MCX462, I got idle temps of 37-40C, so I know at least the sensors see differences.

OP
Kato

Kato

Addicted Tweaker
my room temp is 19C
case temp is 20.4C
mobo at 29C
cpu loaded is 35C
using DigiDoc5 to monitor.
my airflow needs more improvement:eh?:

Yodums

I think they aren't loud as the Delta 38 and Delta 50's. These have bigger fins, and they aren't high pitched.

I'm looking for a fan adapter w/ a 80cfm fan :D

Yodums