• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Deus Ex 2: Invisible War

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CCW

Xtreme refugee
After the demo was released, many people claimed this game to be buggy. Still this was only the demo and many PC Magazines were claiming it not to be out until March 2004. I wokr part-time in a computer shop, I am still a student and we had in stock, full copies of Deus Ex 2: Invisible War. Im surprised its out so quick and the only assumption i have is that it was rushed out for Christmas? What do you guys think please?

Craig

grunjee

Given the game's abundance of bugs and problems, you're right. Just check out the Eidos or Ion Storm forums and you'll see, the entire gaming community is outraged at Ion Storm right now.

OP
CCW

CCW

Xtreme refugee
Damn, it couldve been the greatest game of all time but theyve been greedy, they wanted quick bucks, to get it selling and now they will loose more money than make it. After completing Deus Ex numerous times I was really looking forward to this game...now i am disappointed.

Craig

bsspewer

i won't be buying this game for at least 6 months to a year ...to give them time to release enough patches to fix this plagued game.

Phoenix87

The game's biggest problems are because of the damn Xbox. Due to constraints the xbox the game suffered.

But I dont see why people call it a crappy game. I thought it had a very good story(up there with the original) and played well. Only problems I ever was the performance which can be fixed if you spend 5 minutes editing the settings.

katka

Is the game really bad as everyone saying it is? Most of the reviews I've read say it's good, but on most of the forums nearly everyone says it sucks.

Is it just because people were expecting so much form this game?

DayUSeX

no its really bad. If you play the game as simply an Invisible War game its decent, though you have to ignor the smack JC Denton, Paul Denton, illuminati plots that it throws at you that remind you of deus ex. Then you realise that deus ex owns. As a deus ex game this is trasht though. THere are millinos fo thigns wrong with this game, read many of the other threads dedeicated to how much this game blew it. I dont think it was rushed i think it is a horrible port, and nothing but a port. Everything screams port, even how all the guns share the same texture so that it would save space on the xbox precious 64mb of ram. POS I HATE YOU XBOX

Phoenix87

Yeah, if it wasnt for the Xbox this would of been a classic like the original. Death to the XBOX! :mad:

OP
CCW

CCW

Xtreme refugee
katka said:
Is it just because people were expecting so much form this game?

Its not because of the hype, its because the game isnt even as good as the first one which makes it crap, it means that they havent improved o nthe first and are hoping the new will get them sales.

Craig

grunjee

Some of the people here have brought up good points which I want to confirm, having purchased and played the game through now 3 times (working on a 4th).

-- XBOX is definitely to blame for many if not all of the problems. However, Warren Spector is really to blame for this because he admitted he is a console person.

-- This game crashes even on the XBOX!!! What does that tell you? Now, I'm not an XBOX expert at all (don't own one) but I didn't think that was possible...

-- It is possible, with the 1.1 patch and some tweaking, to get acceptable performance (frames per second). However, with all the details on, and my rig (see sig), 1280x1024 is the highest res I can play at, and at times my fps drop to below 20. The point is, you need a high-end rig to play this thing. And don't even think about anti-aliasing.

Somehow, despite all its flaws, I've gotten used to DXiw. Like I said I'm working on going through it for a 4th time now and it's not because of boredom. I can't really say it's worth $50... but if you can find it on sale for $35-40, I'd say give it a try.

Final words... this game is no Deus Ex (original)... it's Deus EXBOX. There are some good things about it, but a whole lot of negatives. This is probably the single biggest letdown I've ever experienced with any game... the worst part is, it has so much potential, and could have been as awesome as the first, but a stupid black console ruined it all.

DayUSeX

dont worry grungee im working on my mod for Deus Ex that will basically bring the story line over to the DX engine, along with alot of plot hole gaps and choices that have consqeuences to bring back the good old DX goodness that we all know and love. HOpefully even contiune the story past where IW ended.

Papier

Hey dues ex (mind if I call ya that? :p ), man that'll be pretty hard I imagine. How are you coming along with it? I think it's a worthy goal. :)

Alucard

POS I HATE YOU XBOX
why do you have master chief for your avatar?

also people are flamin xbox for deus ex iw dissapointment, there have been plenty games released on xbox and pc that have no problems what so ever, also dont flame the xbox, it was more than likely the creators decision to bring it to xbox and do a [email protected]$$ job on it

grunjee

DayUSeX said:
dont worry grungee im working on my mod for Deus Ex that will basically bring the story line over to the DX engine, along with alot of plot hole gaps and choices that have consqeuences to bring back the good old DX goodness that we all know and love. HOpefully even contiune the story past where IW ended.

Sweet man, definitely let me know when it gets done, or if you need a beta tester :D

Zim2411

Alucard said:

why do you have master chief for your avatar?

also people are flamin xbox for deus ex iw dissapointment, there have been plenty games released on xbox and pc that have no problems what so ever, also dont flame the xbox, it was more than likely the creators decision to bring it to xbox and do a [email protected]$$ job on it

1. That's not master cheif. Master Cheif has green armor. And that's from the PC version.

2. The creators deciding they have to make it for xbox to gain a few extra dollars, dumbed down the entire game.

See... console games cannot be as complex as some PC games because it would just get to hard.

Ion Storm realizing this, dumbed it down. But didn't "smart it up" for the PC version. They didn't even bother changing the settings. They left Xbox settings in the PC version!

If they didn't make it for the xbox, they could have focused on keeping it more like the original.

3. The game is pretty lame.

Alucard

2. The creators deciding they have to make it for xbox to gain a few extra dollars, dumbed down the entire game.
then can you explain the success of KOTOR and Splinter Cell? This is clearly a crapjob by the company.

Last edited:

cstarritt

i personaly dont think anything will ever live up to the origional Deus-Ex.

im my opinion it is hands down the greatest game ive ever played.

dxiw isnt a bad game, i enjoyed it. it just didnt live up to the origional.

as for bugs, i played all the way through it and never really experianced any. it crashed a few times, but not much. i had it crash mabee three times total and ive played through it two times allready.

my bigest complaint is the length, it seemed a bit short to me. also it was too easy. i would have liked a higher diffeculty setting (but then agian even the origional wasnt that hard to beat on its highest setting).

overall its a great game and worth the money if you ask me. ive bought much worse games than this.