• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI Ultra Infinity

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My Infinity will do 250x10 with my 1700 DLT3C, stock cooling.
I put a Vantec Iceburge on the NB & SB... didnt help, My OCZ 3200 rev2 is holding me back now without a volt mod. 3.3vdimm is what it takes to get my DDR400 to DDR500 speed.

Oskar has released another beta BIOS for the Infinity NF2 that allows for higher overclocks for users that have double-sided dimms (normally single-sided dimms clock better, but we are now seeing double-sided dimm users getting as good clocks as single-sided users).

im @ 240x9 11-3-3-2.5-13-15 2.9v on the LanParty "B" NF2 (same design, pcb, bios as the Infinity) right now with Buffalo PC3700 BH-5's (which as of today, were back in stock at Newegg!). I've just begun, raising 10Mhz FSB per day and burning with Prime95. I'll post some pics when I get up to 250 and beyond =)

I WANNA HEAR HERE 280 fsb with that ram and mobo combo! :)....as thats my ram, and my futur mobo ;)

heh, dont worry tree, i got an unlocked 2100 TbredB (1.6vcore!) and the Buf 3700's and am gonna try to beat Oskar at his own game (282FSB grrrrr).

it will be LP-B first, as i dont have room for the infinity at the moment (nor any cpu's for it lol), but they are essentially the same =)

My Infinity is running Prime at the moment 245x9 stock board, on air, Mushkin 3500 lvl2 11-2-2-2-2-13-15 3.3v still only 1.6 on the NB

Just about to bump the fsb up again, multi later.

Whos getting 270 on NF7's, the odd person maybe, most get 220/230.

The NF7 is a good board, but the DFi is better.

TDF.

yo Angry_games Im very interested in the DFI Infinity, but I gotta ask how the 3d03/01 scores?

I have heard that somehow the grafix interface is poor on the DFI boards. Either way, those are some wicked FSB's. I just need to see some socres so I dont make another poor MB choice.

If you have a 9800np that will be most helpful, seeing I have the same card. I just need something t compare my sig to

Sent: i dont live and die by benchmarks or 3dmark (which i think is a poor benchmark but a good stresser), so I am not a good person to ask on that opinion. I hear that our boards have AGP bandwidth problems or this sort of problem or that sort of problem but I take it with a grain of salt. I am sitting at 250x9 and getting over 115FPS in UT2003 1024x768x32 and that is the one thing I tend to care about on my comp is how well it performs in real-world games and apps, not synthetic benches.

check out the AMDMB - DFI forum as there are a few threads about the issue you are talking about. I'm waiting for Oskar to get back to Taiwan to ask him about it.

Yea i know, benchies dont give a totally accutare picture, but it has helped me identify many problems before, and it is a reference for me to work from.

2k03/01 helped me figure out what was wrong with my mobo. The KT600's have very weak North Bridge, and thus I get killed in any CPU/mem test. Im mean hell my friend with a stock 3000+ with 166bus/ram, beats me out with my Mushkin and 2.35.

Also that test would show if the AGP was weak if it wasnt on par with other 9800's at the same clock. (like my chip/ram in CPU tests)

I am more interested in the DFI board at this point than the NF7. I have heard that the new batches really suck. And judgeing by pplz sigs (since rarly ppl break 215 without modding, if they get that at all) I believe it.

From reading about the board, it is apparent that it will do 230 out of the box. All I want to know is if 230 is negated by a poor AGP bus. Benchies would reveal that.

I'm actually worried about the same things, too.. the rumblings I read about on the various forums seemed to indicate that the 3dmark hit was also there in games too, when people actually remembered to test them :)p) amongst their nforce2 rigs. The impression I've gotten from the AMDMB DFI forum is great, though, and it seems like the odds of you being able to fix things w/ a newer BIOS is a hell of a lot higher than Abit's odds of fixing their quirks in a timely manner. I'm still sitting on my hands and squirming in anticipation of the news when Oskar gets back, though.

The other thing giving me pause is the CPU socket, and how well an SP-97 + 92mm would fit into my case with the rear fans and all. I know you're in touch with Thermalright about the back plate and they're already doing something about it, so I'm not too worried about that part about the socket. And the stuff with the WD JB drives, since my main HD is one of those right now... ah, it feels like I'm waiting to flip a coin and see if I get lucky or something.

edit: oops!

Yea im waiting too. Im not gonna just look at the score and say "ooooh that crap" or something. Im looking for specific numbers on the benches.

If the frame rates stack up very similar to higher than my rig on certian tests (with similar clocks) Ill jump on it.

It is apparent that DFI has the best North Bridge out of all the Mobos available. I just want to be absolutly sure that the AGP bus isnt a lemon, BIOS or no BIOS.

My decision on getting a DFI depends on what this guy sez. Im very inclined to get the Lan Party B, but once again, i gotta make sure that this wont kill my grafix OC or potential.

Benchies do mean alot, if you look at em the right way. For example, my comp ownz on grafix heavy stuff. So its safe to say that VIA has a good AGP bus. Once I run CPU tests or Sandra mem test, I really suck. That explains the lack of dual channel, and a poor North Bridge.

I just gotta make sure I dont get another crappy Mobo, I tired of dealing with my VIA, I dont need any more problems.

unfortunately it looks like our deal with Thermalright fell through. To find out if your Thermalright product will fit on our boards, you will have to contact [email protected]. Im quite upset at this sudden turn of events as you can imagine.

as for the AGP...i will ask Oskar when he gets back, as I don't seem to have this 'agp bandwidth' problem that a few are yelling about.

out of the box...these boards will do 260 unmodified (ie: stock NB cooling etc) with BH-5's =)

two guys have hit 280+ on them (oskar being one, so he doesn't count)

i have had CH-5 running at 240 (not stable but i didnt play with it long time), stable at 231FSB (231x10.5) without much trouble (unlocked Barton2500)

your results will vary of course (standard disclaimer), but CH-5's and BH-5's are very good on these boards for the most part.

once in a while newegg gets Buffalo BH-5's in for very cheap and those are the best on the boards for the moment =)

(sorry had to go chop firewood...it feels like its about 5°F here lol)

Dude, thnx Im really looking to get the DFI board. From what ive seen the NF7 tops off around 220. 220~230 is a huge difference, thnx for the heads up.
:D :D :D ......yes....mwhwhahhaha. This VIA board is toast, no more will it plague my life.

Last edited:
errr...ummm,

Before I buy this thing I must see some benchmarks. I gotta know if the AGP bus is gonna be a problem (running 9800np). I need some scores to judge the two.

Last edited:
Im not peticularly impressed with the scores. It seems that there might in fact be a AGP problem. but my guess is that is lies in the North Bridge. It may be that the NB does less work per cycle (like Intel) which would allow for high FSB that appear to have no/little performance benefit.

Their problem seems very similar to my own, weak mem controller. Bandwith = good, application = bad.

Just my 2c

I dunno....oh well I give up, im jumping on the bandwagon with the other OCers and getting an NF7-2.0. I need a good sound card anyway. Its a shame that the Infinity dosnt have Soundstorm, otherwise I would get it.

Back