• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Diablo 2 Resurrected

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BugFreak

Blizzard annouced Diablo 2:Resurrected yesterday at Blizzconline and it looks great! I still play the original on and off to this day so I can't wait. Trailer below.

I lost enough time to that addiction...

3 times thru with Barbarian, Necromancer, Paladin.

Was always in fear of dying in Hell and having to go back for my body.:shock::)

My 3 year old daughter layed a note on the desk while I was ignoring her playing D2...After a half hour I picked it up and she had drawn a picture of us and scrawled "I Love you daddy" :cry: I dropped gaming until she was asleep and spent the rest of her childhood playing games together or sports...If we played video games we played them together ....like Lego Star Wars.:grouphug:

Last edited:
This was my game for an incredibly long time. D3 was ok but lacked the adventure aspect to me.

This was my game for an incredibly long time. D3 was ok but lacked the adventure aspect to me.

Agreed, the better graphics really didn't hide the crappy story. D2 on the other hand had some amazing mods (complete story/graphic changes) that kept me going for many years after the original campaign became stale :thup:

Let's not forget D2.5 with 3 added characters. The assassin is still the foundational play style for most games with it's 3 hit combo. Dropping meteors on creeps with the druid was awesome too. The Amazon I could have lived without. Didn't play her much.

Let's not forget D2.5 with 3 added characters. The assassin is still the foundational play style for most games with it's 3 hit combo. Dropping meteors on creeps with the druid was awesome too. The Amazon I could have lived without. Didn't play her much.

I liked the extra act as well. Back when you can get a single expansion and actually have it *expand* the game vs having to spend twice as much on a bunch of little DLC addons...

I lost enough time to that addiction...

3 times thru with Barbarian, Necromancer, Paladin.

Was always in fear of dying in Hell and having to go back for my body.:shock::)

My 3 year old daughter layed a note on the desk while I was ignoring her playing D2...After a half hour I picked it up and she had drawn a picture of us and scrawled "I Love you daddy" :cry: I dropped gaming until she was asleep and spent the rest of her childhood playing games together or sports...If we played video games we played them together ....like Lego Star Wars.:grouphug:

Props for this amazing dad moment! Beautiful!

I am very excited for this. But like dfonda I have kids now. Don't feel I will have the time for this and that's just fine.

I sure hope this does not cost this much.

Just played World Of Goo with my 3 year old on my lap and my 5 year old sitting next to me. They helped click here and there. My 5 year old beat NES Super Mario brother lvl 1 on his own just last week. Teaching him finger eye coordination, lol.

I still remember my son coming into the living room for MOM crying because of his hand. He was playing COD 3 ?? for the playstation ?? (10 yrs ago??) where you had to ROW across a river/lake without dying. He had warn a huge blister into his palm from the joy stick on the controller.

This game does look great as I also had fun playing the Archer, Sorcerer, Barbarian, Necromancer..

This could be a fun game to play with my oldest two, I got them their own rigs and they been playing blackops: cold war, warzone, and fortnight with me lately, im glad they are finally to an age they can comprehend games i like to play lol. The younger one usually plays roblox on his machine while we play those

As far as I liked diablo then it's already really old and I see no special difference looking at the trailer. All the mechanics are the same, with some changes in graphics. It clearly looks like Blizzard has no new and good ideas and is trying to make some more money from already really old titles. Resurrecting something like that just shows how greedy they are. They should make a new game with a good story, as for me, everything they made since the first Diablo release was really bad or just based on copied ideas from other games.
I was playing the new Baldur's Gate alpha and it also feels old and somehow bad. Something that should be released 15 years ago, not now.

Anyone playing? I've been playing since launch and love it. Some server side issues can get aggravating but the game itself is beautiful and plays well.

It's official, I am completely addicted to this game worse than I was at original release. My son and I play hours of cow runs together in the never ending quest to get better items. I really can't figure out why people are complaining about the game because it seems to do just great.

Back