• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Did anybody notice...?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

druidelder

It seems that most of the major stores have stopped carrying the ATI 8500 (except the 128MB model which is such a waste of money). CompUSA still carries the 7000,7200, & 7500, but no 8500. Best Buy too.

Niloc

Best Buy has them I saw the post and I got a new grapics card today (GeForce 3 TI 200) and I saw them there

Tracert

According to the guys here at the Worcester, MA. USA store, they cant keep them in the stores. They sell out of them too quickly and can't get them delivered quickly. Sounds like ATI is having a tough time keeping supply up. I wonder if Gigabyte could help this situation?

Dosen't really matter now that they are $300.00 USD for the retails again (at Best Buy). So glad for newegg.com!

;)

OP
druidelder

druidelder

$300?!?!? Our Best Buy has the 128MB model for $300. (Not that I would buy the 128MB model.)

John1975

Helpful Member
I can still get the radeon 8500 retail up here in canada for $270 of our canadian pesos.

I think our dollar is about 63 cents US, so you can do the calculations.

Tracert

druidelder said:
$300?!?!? Our Best Buy has the 128MB model for $300. (Not that I would buy the 128MB model.)

I just got off the phone with them again, I asked them about the 64 MB card and they had given me the price of the 128MB card. So you are right. They do sell the 64 MB card and it goes for $199.99 but they haven't gotten many in lately.

I have a feeling that the 128 MB card has more of a profit margin and that could explain the 64 MB card's "missing" from the shelves.

It does kinda make you think.