• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Did anyone ever get to play Steel Battalion?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Prime

With all these mechwarrior threads(used to love it with my sidewinder2 =p) it got me thinking about tha game with the crazy controller i lusted over.

So who got to play it?

TheGreySpectre

I played it for about an hour.I spent a good portion of that time figuring out how to play. I was ridiculously awesome.

The only thing I was a little disappointed by is that whle there are 2 joysticks, the movement you get out of them could easily be accomplished with 1 3-axis joystick. The left joystick only goes left and right and the right joystick on the controller has no rotation.

If I had the appropiate system and money I would still get it.

JonSimonzi

I use to work at a video game store, we had a copy of that sitting around. I convinced my manager if we set it up, I could get someone to buy it (it was down to $75 at that point). So we set it up, and nobody bought it. But, I did become a beast at that game. Most people who came in couldn't even get their Mech started. It definitely requires patience to get good at it, and have the game be interesting. Starts off very slow.

OP
Prime

Prime

id buy it @ 75$ itll prolly be a collectors item some day