• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Did anyone purchase any brand of 1070/1080 GPU from Jet.com?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xun

I returned my defected MSI 1070 to Amazon today and need to buy another one soon. I found many brand of GTX 1070 on Jet.com is a lot cheaper than amazon and newegg. The only concern I have is their product authenticity and quality because I got used or refurbished stuffs listed as brand new from Jet.com before.
Anyboy actually purchase any brand of GTX 1070/1080 GPU from Jet.com (Gigabyte, Asus, EVGA, MSI...)? Are they brand new and genuine? Come with everything in retail package and all the promotions items from nVidia and AIB? Will AIB honor the rebate and 3-year warranty? Thanks.

Bishoff

A friend of mine ordered a race wheel from them and the box had clearly been opened up before. It all worked fine, but meh, it probably was a refurb. Have you tried searching for reviews?

Blaylock

"That Backfired" Senior Member
I purchased an amplifier for my motorcycle from Jet and it came in a factory sealed box. Sounds like it might be hit and miss.

Jeff G

Jet doesn't actually carry the products like a store does, it's like a marketplace where you're buying from other places through Jet (similar to how Amazon or Newegg Marketplace works).
They had issues in the very beginning with companies selling refurbs/open items as 'NEW'. They have worked through most of those issues, and you can usually dig around enough to find the actual seller and check their website.
I've ordered tons of stuff from Jet over the last year, not a single item arrived open/used/damaged/etc. Everything was factory sealed and in perfect shape.

As an aside, the owner of Jet had a company previously that was bought by Amazon, and as part of the deal he stayed on board at Amazon for a few years. After being disappointed in the way Amazon ran things, he opened Jet with the goal to compete with (and eventually overthrow) Amazon. I've met the guy, he's pretty cool.

Helgaiden

I bought a 1tb SSD and a 1tb HDD for myself, both came sealed new in a Newegg box. A friend bought a 1070, came sealed new in a newegg box. A different friend bought a 1070, also came in sealed new in a newegg box. If you order from them and its your first time, create an account and see if triple15 still applies. 15% off your first 3 orders.

mokrunka

Good to hear some member experiences on this. I may give them a shot, 15% off (although the fine print says it's a $30 max) is pretty cool.

Helgaiden

Good to hear some member experiences on this. I may give them a shot, 15% off (although the fine print says it's a $30 max) is pretty cool.

yes $30 max. So calculate what you will order and if you have any single item that would give you $30 off total (like a 1070 or a 1080), then order it by itself and order other stuff seperately with the 15% off promo.

stereo555

Overclocking is music to my soul
My brother and I both purchased our 5930k's from Jet (although quite awhile ago ) , a SSD or two and more recently my brother grabbed his Evga FTW 1080 through Jet . No problems at all retail/new , mostly coming from Newegg .

What I dont like is the lack of previous purchase tracking in your account with no printable receipt available incase of warranty needs . Sure you can use a purchase email , but that does not always give the wanted/complete info a retailer needs .

Last edited:

mokrunka

I just grabbed an Asus X99m WS board from them. Used the triple15 coupon to save $30! Pretty sweet deal! I'll let everyone know what kind of experience I have.