• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

did I cook my Q6600?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It would be best for you to figure out how to overclock the ram manually, while 'AI' overclocking can work there are far too many hardware variations out there for it to work correctly in every instance. Read a bunch in both this section and the memory section of the forums, that will get you familiar with the terminology. Then get a copy of Memtest, you can burn a CD or load it onto a thumb drive. Using memtest you can then proceed to overclock the memory in stages testing if the settings are working or not.

While the P5K natively supports 1066 RAM(Asus Tuned) it may be that the SPD timings on the board are off. Sounds to me like board is not seeing the RAM correctly. You may need to set those RAM timings and voltages by hand.

Z

computer WILL POST with it in B1 or B2 ONLY.
will NOT work if in A1 or A2

Thats the problem I have right now. So what exactly did you do to fix the problem? Just go into BIOS and reset it, then try the ram in each slot?

Back