• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

did i crush my athlon core?...i hope not...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rafterman223

I just put together my new rig today: Athlon 2200+, EPoX 8K3+, 512 Mb DDR333 RAM, 2x WD 80GB hard drives, Radeon 9700 Pro, and 550w PSU. When i put it al together and turned it on I got the message on my monitor: 'monitor working correctly, no signal from computer'. I tested my video card on my other rig and it worked fine, and the cables were plugged in all the way and intact, I don't think i forgot anything. Did I crush the CPU core? (i used an Alpha PAL 8045 w/ 80mm delta fan)

I really appreciate any ideas, and thoughts

welcome to the forums...!!!

it sounds more like a bad unlock, or a wrong jumper or bios setting. i would't think you crushed the core, unless it looks cracked or something. what makes you think it's crushed?

at the price of the xp2200, i sure hope it didn't get crushed....or fried....

post in the amd section, or in the epox motherboard section for specifics on the cpu, or your motherboard.

I say clean out the bridges and run it stock to help you troubleshoot it. Make sure your video card is seated all the way in. This happened to me a few times, I had to push it in until I thought it was going to snap. Engage that little lever on the mobo for the card and that will help it stay down. Are you getting any error codes on the LED display on the mobo?

On my XP2200+ all I had to do to unlock it was to fill bridge 5 on the L3. With my board it was the ony way I could get it to work becuase 12.5 is the highest multiplier I have.

Back