• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

did i do the right thing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No, Its not really any better than the EZ

The memory is real slow. It overclocks like a dog. Also, if im not misstaken, Maybe the EZ you mentioned is actually a 64bit card like the 9600SE?(anyone correct me if im wrong). Please try and get the 9600 pro. you wont be dissapointed.

Now, Since your in toronto, There are a TON of those custom computer stores everywhere around there. Alot of them are outside of toronto. Ive been to a ton of them there when i visit family there. They usually carry ATI cards. And they are not that expensive. There are alot of computer stores around there in the Far east strip malls everywhere there. Also i went to a store up there(electronics type with computers and upgrades) Its a chain store. They had some really good prices when i was there. Whats the name of that store? I cant remember.

But anyway, Good luck.

Harry

yes i know there are LOTS and LOTS of stores most of them are either 1) expensive
2) dont carry the good cards

Ok, ive never asked this, But

What is your exchange rate in american dollars?Say you run down to buffalo or where ever, or even there cant you get american money? I dont remember if you can.

My other question is, Can you not order from newegg or zipzoomfly? say if you have $200 Can, and that translates to what? $175 maybe? Add shipping, and you got yourself a 9600xt. Or even better, you can get a 9600pro for about $140 plus shipping. Heck, i only paid 5 dollars to ship a card to toronto a few weeks ago.

Is that an option? If it is, its your best bet. If NOT, Just goto ATI.com and order your 9600pro. Shipping isnt that bad since they are there anyway.

Like i said, i hope it works out. I would honestly like to see ya get a ATI product other than the Non pro 9600 or the lite deal.

Harry

Back