• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Did I Fry my Mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OCnewbee

Ok so the other day my Lite-on iHas 124-04B DVD burner started to smoke and the power plug started to melt so i quickly unplugged it. Now yesterday I was poking around inside the PC when I slightly bumped the ide cable on my other burner when the PC just restarted out of nowhere. It loaded to the gigabyte logo screen and stayed there and never moved on. I powered down the PC and fired it back up and now the displays do not show anything, no beep on start up and the HDD light blinks twice then has a long pause then repeats.

Now I have pulled out the video card and tried it out in my other PC and it works. I had also pulled out the SSD that is my OS drive and it too worked in my other build loading to windows screen.

I have also tried another power supply in the problem PC and the same results, no display, no beep.

I have also tried to clear the cmos and still nothing. I pulled out the little on board battery and let it sit and still nothing. So the only other part left is the MOBO and CPU.

Moother board is a Gigabyte 890FXA UD5 with a AMD 1090T hex core CPU. Is there anyway to test the board? I also tried to put the video card in another slot and same result.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Sevan

Okay we are back up, two sticks of ram, going to put the other two in and see. Did the RAM error in some way? Never had this happen to me in the past on my other builds.

The other thing that may have worked is to reset the CMOS in a case like that.

The other thing that may have worked is to reset the CMOS in a case like that.

That was the first thing I did, with the jumper and the little button on the mobo, nothing. But Now with 8gb instead of 16gb the PC boot much faster, i thought my SSD drive was booting slow and now its much much faster, just might have to leave it at 8gb of ram. It should be more than enough.

I used to have 12. One of my 4GB sticks was patriot and not Geil, so I took it out and 8 is still plenty.

Back