• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Did i get a beta 8k3a instead of the correct one?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Emericana

Ok, i ordered from newegg a 8k3a. I get it, and low and behold there are NO LED LIGHTS and there is one Chip missing on the mobo. I have attached a pic and the missing things are circled. This really ****es me off cause this is the third bad thing i got from newegg

Weird, I'll be able to tell you for sure on Friday, when I get my 8K3A from Newegg, also, but I think the chip that is missing is the RAID controller, although I'm not sure why they wouldn't include the numerical thingy, check some pictures of the board, online, just make sure it's not the 8K3A+ version you're looking at.

i got the 8k3a+ version and the chip your missing is the HighPoint Raid controller, as to why you dont have a LED readout thats beyond me, because the LED codes in the manual are for both the 8k3a/+ models, but im not entirely sure on taht either, it would be best to find someone with the 8k3a and ask them if their board is missing it too

Your board is fine. The + version has the extra chip and LED but the normal 8k3a does not.

This is the 8k3a
Showimage.asp

This is the 8k3a+
Showimage.asp

well, here are the "extended functions" for the 8k3A:

Supports Hardware Monitoring Function by W83697HF
Supports exclusive KBPO (KeyBoard Power On)
Supports CPU Vcore setting via BIOS
Supports Memory Voltage setting via BIOS
Supports CPU Clock setting via BIOS
Supports STR (Suspend To RAM) power saving Function
Supports CPU Multiplier setting via BIOS
Supports Wake-On-LAN Function

and here are the functions for the 8k3A+:

Supports Hardware Monitoring Function by W83697HF
Supports exclusive KBPO (KeyBoard Power On)
Supports CPU Vcore setting via BIOS
Supports Memory Voltage setting via BIOS
Supports CPU Clock setting via BIOS
Supports STR (Suspend To RAM) power saving Function
Supports CPU Multiplier setting via BIOS
Supports Wake-On-LAN Function
Post port onboard design with LED display

The epox page also says "EP-8K3A without 2 additional IDE RAID controllers"

not to be redundtant but your board is fine, i just went through the manual again and under all the pictrures and refrences of the HighPoint Raid controller and Post LED display it has in parenthasis (optional).

Just got mine adn ripped it open. It's also missing the LED readout, which is unfortuneate, but alright. I'm sure if you really wanted it you could try soldering one from a hardware store to it :p

yeah i relize that now. too bad nobody told me there was no led before i got the board though. I RMA'd it and a ek3a+ should be coming in any day now. i aint gonna use raid but i really want the led thing. it is very helpful if you ever have a problem with your computers hardware and i am never gonna buy a mobo without it. What also sucks about the board is that they use tape to attach the northbridge heatsink. On my 8k3a, i applied a fan onto it very easily and was gonna put some AS3 on it but that is impossible unless you use some epoxy.

Back