• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Did I get a good deal on this? Or should I have resisted...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nice catch Terry! The case alone made it worth it but seeing as you seem to have everything working that's incredible!

Nice find. :D I just wonder what the problem was? :)

The motherboard is whacked. No video.
Green light on board comes on
CPU fan runs
Keyboard lights flash on for a second
Optical mouser laser flashes on for a second
Tried all the usual stuff/clear CMOS/New CMOS battery/switched memory around in different slots and tried different memory/tried different vid card/etc. Tried the PS that came with it 1st then tried an Earthwatts 500w (good one out of my Opteron PC) and it made no difference. Don't know... maybe there is something about this board I am unaware of?

The Antec 550wEPS TP 2.0 that came with it MAY be good but I am gun shy to try it in one of my good PCs if you know what I mean.

The DVD burners work AFAIK. They read CDs and DVDs OK but I did not try to burn anything with them. The soundcard/Firewire card/USB card all work too.

The final status. Everything works except the motherboard and the power supply is up in the air. It runs and all the voltages are OK but I am not going to try it out on any of my good PCs. Maybe it ruined the motherboard and maybe it didn't.

Going to sell off everything but the case, Raptors, and video card. Ain't to often anyone comes out ahead in this hobby but I think I did this time :)

BTW that P180 case is awesome but man is it heavy,

By the way, never put hardware on anti-static bags, you place hardware inside them, the wrapping around keeps the electricity from getting inside wrapper.

By the way, never put hardware on anti-static bags, you place hardware inside them, the wrapping around keeps the electricity from getting inside wrapper.

Better than putting hardware straight onto carpet though surely?

Well the carpet won't make an electrical connection, but it might give you a bit of static.

The board is still eligable for RMA under warranty so I just returned it :)

Back