• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Did I just kill my Aopen AX6BC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tipycol

Well silly me, decided to add more memory to my PIII system. Well (unfortunately) I forgot that the ram can't just be placed any way. So I just pushed it into the next open dimm. Well of course on one side it goes in fine, so no problem right? When I push the other side I realize it, but too late. Those clips that are suppose to snap to hold the ram down, well on the side I pushed in first were about a 1cm higher than they were supposed to be cause that side wasn't seated right :( Anyway, did this kill my mobo? Cause the comp won't boot anymore and that's the only thing I did to it. And is there a way to fix it?

OP
T

Tipycol

Edward2 said:
I'm not entirely sure I understand what you did wrong. Did you break something or just install the RAM incorrectly?

Have you tried removing the new RAM, clearing the CMOS, and rebooting?

I just installed the ram backwards :eh?:
It basically was fine when I pushed one side in, then I pushed the other side in. Well that caused the side with I pushed in first to rise up (due to it not fitting in cause of those spaces between the pins etc...) and it brought the plastic clip that holds the ram down with it. So the clip is about 1cm higher than it's supposed to be.
Oh well...it's ok now...I thought I cleared the cmos earlier and it didn't work but cause of what you said I cleared it again and it works...so I'm happy :D

OP
T

Tipycol

Edward2 said:
It always feels good to save one !!!!

hehe...you saved me a lot of cash :) (what if I bought a ST6 hmm....;))

Thanks

Tipycol