• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Did i kill my video card? Epox 8kta3 Tbird 850 140*7.5 = 1050

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chicharon1

Registered
i was running 140*7.5 = 1050 on my 8kta3 + Tbird 850 combo. After a few days my 3 yr old 3dfx Banshee wouldn't boot well... n ended up w/ a cooked busted chip on d lower left of d Video card board. Did d overclock of FSB to 140 killed my video card? opinions pls.....

A 70 MHz AGP bus ain't gonna cook anything. It must have died of old age.

oki! but am i right that when im running it at 70mhz there are chances that it wont boot? i'm using a Inno3D Mx200 but i can't boot it at 133mhz now unlike before.. waht do u think?

DaveB (May 09, 2001 12:32 p.m.):

!!!!!!!!!YOU KILLED YOUR VIDEO CARD!!!!!!!!!

Chicharon1 (May 09, 2001 11:43 p.m.):
oki! but am i right that when im running it at 70mhz there are chances that it wont boot? i'm using a Inno3D Mx200 but i can't boot it at 133mhz now unlike before.. waht do u think?

someone just said you cant kill your video card with a overclocked bus.. whats d truth????? =(

AMD-HEAD (May 11, 2001 06:03 a.m.):
!!!!!!!!!YOU KILLED YOUR VIDEO CARD!!!!!!!!!

Chicharon1 (May 09, 2001 11:43 p.m.):

Sure, you can cook anything when pushed beyond specs, but that's mostly the exception rather than the rule, the boot problem you're having with the non-banshee card sounds like a separate issue. I usually keep an old pci 2MB cirrus logic laying around that I know works to test and boot with... be sure to try something you know works first. I have had nothing but problems with new vid cards getting them to boot (but that was primarily an AGP issue). It usually requires persistence and gallons of coffee.

Back