• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Did intel ever make a 1.33ghz p3?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lonewolf1983

hi guys,

someone on the web is selling a quantity of "1.33ghz p3's",
i know all p3's over 1ghz are tualatin based, but i thought intel only made 1.13.1.26 and 1.4 ghz variants.
he says they are 512k versions...
Thoughts??

yes there is a 1.33ghz tualatin PIII, but if he's claiming they 512k L2 he's full of it. :D

only the PIII-S tualatins have 512k L2. the 1.33 only has 256k.

EDIT: did he tell you the s-specs for these chips?

oh right. so my works pc (a 1.1ghz p3) is a tully?

mabey that explains why it runs so cool (27c idle????? ive never seen a air cooled pc idle so low, especially one that quiet)

there was a 1.13 coppermine, but i think that was recalled wasn't it?
so i'd say yours is a tualatin. :D

i believe there was also a PIII-S 700 and 800. (tualatin) but i've never seen one.

looktall said:
there was a 1.13 coppermine, but i think that was recalled wasn't it?
so i'd say yours is a tualatin. :D

i believe there was also a PIII-S 700 and 800. (tualatin) but i've never seen one.

Yes that is correct...there was a coppermine PIII 1.133 that was recalled a little bit over 2years ago right around it's initial release. Other than this, the only other coppermine processors over 1 GHz was a PIII 1100E (100 MHz FSB) and Celeron 1.1 GHz (100 MHz FSB, 128k cache).

Intel did make two other p3's over 1ghz. They are the 1.1ghz and 1.133ghz. I have only recently heard of the existence of both of these cpus but I know that the 1.133ghz version was discontinued do to instability and bugs (I can get one but it costs $260 canadian).

Get one of them 1.0E cDOs and overclock it to 133 fsb. That will make a nice 1.33 gig P3. :D Hard to find nowadays, though. I got two myself, one used and one new, but haven't checked them out yet.

Back