• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

did my computer jut die!!!!????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

d94

$30 a phone
so i just got my new nec 3550a, swappd it w/my combo drive.
hit the power button, and my computer turns on for a second then starts smoking!
turns ot the red power cable going to my floppy melted! and the floppy smeels burned too. i toook out the floppy, my computer's lights flashed for a second, and then the light on the mobo went off! now..i cant get m PC to start :(
WTH!
could a dvd burner realy do all this!?!?
now i dont even know where to start...

Sounds to me like you unplugged your floppy drive during the Drive switch, and plugged the floppy power back in wrong. At the very least, I bet your Floppy is dead, and also maybe your PSU.

bchur83 said:
Sounds to me like you unplugged your floppy drive during the Drive switch, and plugged the floppy power back in wrong. At the very least, I bet your Floppy is dead, and also maybe your PSU.
ick. i fear you may be righT!

so i guess ill take my pc apart and test the psu

just tested psu via green and black wire..no go
already contacted ocz and am on my way to rma!
i also have 2 spare floppies..hopefully nothing else is damaged..i wont find out till i get the psu back tho!

Back