• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Did some ghetto stuff today. reclaming coolent lol

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bignazpwns

So i did a system flush. I use EK solid cloud white. So i did my flush and took an empty water bottle then stuck the hose in and flushed it with a bottle of cloud white. Then filled the loop. Now i spilled some so im a little low now. About a 2 inch air gap in my res. Yes i run them totally full to the top but that's after i let the system gas out for 7 days. Cracking the seal on the plug to let it fart a few times during that.

So now im like i got this bottle that i know is good. But has some more distilled water mixed it. Not a lot no change in color or smell. So i filter it with a coffee filter. Dye is typical 10um max 15-20um is what a coffee filter does. So i back to a full bottle now. So i was going to pick up a new bottle. I just got Amazon prime "late top the club" and im think well damn i can have it tomorrow. or Sunday. I go on and its $27. Microcenter was only $21. I only need about 40ml later this week to top her off so the white can just be amazing with its full rgb glory. But im not paying $27 for 40ml of fluid. So i'll be reusing it lol. Well just the 40ml.

Upside the loop is clean.

Good for you, dear Sir! I reuse a lot of stuff too!:thup: (won't go into details)

I just feel dirty for reusing coolent lol.

Now the little micro bubbles are driving me nuts. Power off the loop looks like the dye separated....nope just tiny bubbles.

But I forgot I 3d printed a fitting that holds foam in it for letting a system air out so nothing goes into it. So I put that on I'll run it for a day like that and it should be fine.

I really need to start 3d printing more stuff. I got a SLA printer on my desk. I need to sit down and think of stuff I need to make. Like the little drain spout I made I was going to order one and then I was like ill just print it.

Oh :shrug:

Well, I just use my AIO from 2009. Still runs.:D

lol nothing wrong with a good aio if your temps are fine.

Im surprised its holding up. Mine lasted 4 years before it was clogged. cleaned it and still works great.

It spends a lot of time parked. Lots of power ons though.:D
I guess I'm one of those people who turn on pc to have a look at some special picture and then turn right back off again..

Back