• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Did you think that the ending to Max Payne was kinda lame?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TUK101

I just finished Max Payne for the first time, and I kinda thought that it was a bit dissapointing. After such a good story all the way through it wasnt much of and ending. Maybe they left it that way for the sequel, but I still think that it could have been better. Anybody else share these same thoughts, or have anything to add?

NASsoccer

On a string I was held Senior
i share the exact shame thought. It was a big let down for me after an awesome story and great gameplay.

]-[itman

Ya I agree also. The Gameplay was great and the story was awesome but the ending was a little dissapointing. It was satisfying but they could have made it a whole lot better. Still a great game though;):D!

Oni

Oni-ni-Kanab;, Ninja Hippo eater Moderator
The ending was sutable for the storyline. If you remember, the game was based on an old-skule comic book style story. The story was about how a man living the American Dream got revenge on the people who f*cked that up for him. It was sutabily cheesy. I liked it.

OP
TUK101

TUK101

Yeah, I am kindof with ONI on this. I thought that the story was great, fast enough paced to keep you wanting to play. But it is like the ending just ends without even a clue as to what is coming next, or a hint as to what the next game will be about. And I think that you can dl clips from the game at the www.maxpayne.com website.

foxmulder

I'll say I didn't care for the story much. The game rocked though. On the otherhand I can't think of a single shooter where I really liked the story.

FerrariF50

foxmulder said:
I'll say I didn't care for the story much. The game rocked though. On the otherhand I can't think of a single shooter where I really liked the story.

yeah this had to been the best story I seen before in a game... too bad my computer messed up and I had only a few levels left...I was on the 2nd Maze level in the house...

IcarusFalling

Disabled
Are you guys forgetting something? The whole game is a flash back. The opening cut scene tells you how it's gonna end. i just got PO'd trying to shot those dang wires with a bunch of goons that just keep coming at ya.

Oh yeah, game play rocked too. :D

*JEREMY*

I just started playing it tonight,I have had it for a couple months but havent has time to get to it.Its pretty cool so far,I just made it into the hotel where you kill the finito bros. The background sound is amazing its like you can hear everything thats going on in the hotel.

]-[itman

IcarusFalling said:
Are you guys forgetting something? The whole game is a flash back. The opening cut scene tells you how it's gonna end. i just got PO'd trying to shot those dang wires with a bunch of goons that just keep coming at ya.

Oh yeah, game play rocked too. :D

Yes, but the whole flashback to the present was what was kind of disappointing. It was really cool until the end because you already knew what was coming and then you expected more but it just kind of cut off. As far as the wires go, they were $%&* to get at first. Once you get it once or twice it's pretty easy though;)

ptwearnhardtfan

Excellent game thru and thru. Ending wasn't quite up to snuff, but I haven't seen an ending yet that was very good. The third person look was very cool. I'm playing it again so it must be pretty decent.

FerrariF50

I hated the flash Backs....Or the one they give you that drug... (Don't want to give anything away here) When you have to walk around the view gett's very narrow..

IcarusFalling

Disabled
(trying not to give away to much :D )

I thought the dream sequences, in the big rooms that you have to jump down in, those freaked me out. The music and the blood dripping down *shudders* now THAT was creepy

cmcquistion

IT Director Senior
I loved the game, and since it's the only game I have right now that I haven't beat, I decided to try and beat it on every level. Once you beat it on every level, there is a "LAST CHALLENGE".

Anyone else get there and want to comment on it?

]-[itman

cmcquistion said:
I loved the game, and since it's the only game I have right now that I haven't beat, I decided to try and beat it on every level. Once you beat it on every level, there is a "LAST CHALLENGE".

Anyone else get there and want to comment on it?

Nope, i hadn't heard about this so i thought the game would be boring going through it again and again but now that i know there's a reason, i'll have to go for it:)

Puer Aeternus

*Spoiler*

Is that last challenge..where you go into a rooom full of guns and get to shoot goons in a glass area in a building...than at the end you go to a room w/ pics of the dev team?
That is the only extra I found and I used a cheat to find it....nice touch I thought and pretty tough.
Most games Seem to have lame endings...MOHAA was especially so! But max payne was good alaround and even though it was short I was satisfied.:)

cmcquistion

IT Director Senior
To be honest, the last challenge is pretty stupid. You spend hours trying to kill all these baddies, just so you can go in a room and see pictures of the development team. I was sorry I wasted so much time trying to beat it, in fact, after several hours of trying, I finally just used cheat codes to beat it. I'm not sure it's possible any other way.