• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dieletric grease alternates needed!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MiracleMan

Hi guys! I have an 85W peltier rig imbound, and I'm building the insulating kit for my A7V. I fear it will dificult to find dieletric grease here in Brazil, so I'm asking for alternates for it. Or there's no need to insulate the socket holes?

I believe Vasoline is a suitable alternative for dielectric grease to fill the pin holes in the socket. I'd wait for someone to verify this but im pretty sure i read it somewhere...

I was just about to suggest that too - it looks similar. Just test it with a multimeter to see whether it conducts and has low resistance - I guess that's the only important property for the job in hand.

Hmm, at least it will have an easy enter!!! Thanx peepz, after some phone calls, I discovered some shops were I can find it. Oh, and what about insulation sprays? I think I saw one silicon based spray...

Back