• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Differences among these 3 Intel X25-M G2's?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jwwpua

They're all from wiredzone.com (and other places I've seen like zipzoomfly), and all are the G2 version. Trying to find out what the "01" and "C1" mean. Anything worth worrying about, or are they all basically the same? There are slight $$ differences from $3-$10.

• SSDSA2MH080G2
  • SSDSA2MH080G201
  • SSDSA2MH080G2C1

Also, if anyone knows where these are in stock for a good price, please let me know. The cheapest I've found are ~$240.

OP
J

jwwpua

In case anyone is interested, this is what I found:

Packaging Numbers (last two characters)

01- OEM without spacers (7mm)
C1- OEM with spacer (7mm + 2.5mm spacer)
R5- Retail Version with spacers and 3.5" adapter

Not sure what the spacer is for though. Necessary for mounting with a 3.5" adapter maybe?

Dermen

I was doing an Intel quiz about the X25 and the spacer has some function, I just don't remember what it is. It wasn't just to make it fit in the adapter though.

EDIT:

"a top-mounted plastic ring that gives the drive more rigidity as well as a bit more mechanical shock/vibe protection. Intel claims this affords the drive a 50% increases in operational shock resistance."

Last edited:
OP
J

jwwpua

EDIT:

"a top-mounted plastic ring that gives the drive more rigidity as well as a bit more mechanical shock/vibe protection. Intel claims this affords the drive a 50% increases in operational shock resistance."

Ah thanks :)