• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Different Fan profiles?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ps2cho

Is there a way to have the fan of my GTX260 Core216 run at like 40% during 2D applications then speed up to 65% when 3D is enabled?

In Battlefield Bad Company 2 I am hitting almost 80c full load...Seems a tad high to me...I am not even overclocked either!

I believe the EVGA precison Overclocking tool can regulate fan speeds based on temperature, but it's been a while since I used it...if nothing else you should be able to create a profile or hot key that triggers it to speed up during 3-D gaming only.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/Videocards----Overclocking-&-Tweaking_c13.html

Features:
Independent or Synchronous control for fan and clock settings in a multi-GPU system
Allows up to 10 profiles, and ability to assign hotkeys to these profiles to allow in-game
Ability to view temperatures in the system tray
Core/Shader Clock Link/Unlink capability
Fan Speed manual or auto adjustment
Real-Time on-screen display support for ingame temp, framerate, and clock monitoring
Logitech Keyboard LCD Display support
In-app temp/clockspeed monitoring of GPU's
Information button shows device, driver, memory size, BIOS Revision and SLI mode
Ability to choose different skins, and make your own!
Now you can save screenshots from your favorite games!

More info at EVGA

http://www.evga.com/precision/?utm_...=Feed:+EvgaForumRssFeed+(EVGA+Forum+RSS+Feed)

80c is about right for your card if you read most reviews...they can usually handle temps of 95-100c before major damage or slowing down (So they say!) but I prefer to keep my card temps at 70c or less for longer life. NVIDIA is a bit more concerned about it being noisy then if it runs a little on the hot side.

Just crank the fan speed up to 100% and you will see what I mean! (You will like the temps though..try around 75-80% for a bit better cooling as long as it isn't too loud for you)

Is there a way to have the fan of my GTX260 Core216 run at like 40% during 2D applications then speed up to 65% when 3D is enabled?

In Battlefield Bad Company 2 I am hitting almost 80c full load...Seems a tad high to me...I am not even overclocked either!

I reccomend nVidia System Tools with ESA support.. it's really simple to use and you can set up overclocking/fan speed profiles that can either be automatically switched according a number of parameters, or you can manually choose each profile by using shortcuts.

Back