• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Different i5-4670K OC problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Prime95

Registered
I have 2 Haswell boxes running at 4.0GHz, DDR3-2400. As you might guess from my user ID, I run prime95 24/7. Unlike most programs, memory bandwidth is key to good performance. I'm running version 28.1 which is more stressful than the currently released prime95 versions.

My problem is that I get a Windows 8 crash every 1 to 3 days. One box was running at 1.21V non-adaptive, the other was running at 1.1V adaptive with +0.1V System agent and +0.05V uncore. Temps are in the mid-70s. I've tried increasing voltages for CPU, uncore, and system agent in 0.025V increments and I still get the occasional crashes.

I can post the mobo and RAM details if needed. They are from different manufacturers and the RAM is rated for DDR3-2400 speed.

Does anyone have educated guesses on what I should be tweaking to get full stability? Increase voltages more? Slower CPU? Change RAM timings? Try Linux? Something else?