• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

different programs/different temp readings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1sleeper

Registered
I am running an I7-920/D0 on an Asus Rampage2 xtreme. I have been using the latest Asus tools like Ai Suite and PC probe II and showing temps of 27 idle and 54 load. In comparison, OCCT's software shows 38 idle and 60 under load. Overclocked to 4.1, the temps hit 80 immediately (quack quack) in OCCT but only 72 in PC Probe.
Thanks

Daddyjaxx

Asus software reads the CPU temps. OCCT reads the core temps, but I don't trust OCCT temps. Use RealTemp. It is the best for Intel CPU's. BTW..quack quack is not good. :)

Last edited:

Conumdrum

The way mobos measure temps isn't very accurate to start with, thats why we use stuff like realtemp etc. The core is the top of the CPU and isn't imbedded right on the silicon, sorta. it's usually 5C or so higher. That doesn't matter because core temps is what needs to be measured.

OP

1sleeper

Registered
Got it, thanks!
This coolermaster V8 is holding me back.
The longer PC Probe is on, the more errors it comes up with. Most of the alarms are going off. Right now it says my NB and SB are each 255C.