• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Digital Doc 5 $19.99 (cheap shipping)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silversinksam

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster©
Digital Doc 5+ $19.99 cheap shipping

Digital Doc 5 $19.99 cheap shipping :eek:

http://www.jab-tech.com/customer/product.php?productid=1463&cat=&page

t_1463_02.jpg

DO NOT FUSS AROUND, THESE WILL NOT LAST LONG AT THIS PRICE

Jab-Tech is an excellent vendor and this is a SMOKING HOT DEAL, JAB-Tech has many CHEAP shipping options as well :eek:

OP
Silversinksam

Silversinksam

Onizuka said:
Hmmm I needa fan controller...was gonna get the Enermax....is this a sign?

These are not Fan controllers per se. They can turn the fan on and off according to temps, but you need to mod them if you want them to be a true fan controller. I suggest buying this and a relatively cheap fan controller like a Sunbeam or a Nexus

This Digital Doc 5 is $40.99 at SVC

Robrules18

when you first posted this i was about to ask why there were so many typos like sayin a panaflo H!A was normally .99 but they had it for 5.99 and i save 33% and it said the Digi-doc was: 65.95
Our price: $ 51.95

Posidon42

if only this was the 5+. I already have the digidoc 5 and it is nice and all, but it keeps turning the fans on and off all the time if the temps are close to the setpoint. It wouldn't be that bad if it didn't beep every time it turned the fan on. :( Other than that, it works great.

OP
Silversinksam

Silversinksam

Nightingale said:
what is this like an overstock or clearence sale?

It's a Holiday sale, they will be having other great deals this week.

Also the DD5+ is $5 off with this code DD5RULES

Robrules18 said:
when you first posted this i was about to ask why there were so many typos like sayin a panaflo H!A was normally .99 but they had it for 5.99 and i save 33% and it said the Digi-doc was: 65.95
Our price: $ 51.95

There nay be a few typos, but send John the owner of Jab-Tech an Email and help him fix them. Jab-Tech like I said is an awesome vendor and he is a great guy to boot.

OP
Silversinksam

Silversinksam

zabomb4163 said:
not to thread crap but.....

http://www.bestbyte.net/Product.cfm?ProductID=1394&CategoryID=8&Keyword=

PAENUCA07FATR2S.jpg

"Aluminum alloy,suitable for 5.25" bay
• Temp monitoring for CPU.HDD.System,P.S.
• Over heat & Low RPM Alarm
• Status display on LCD monitor
• Control up to 2 fans RPM
• Front access 2.0 USB & Fire Wire
"

if my cases were not all black i would order a few.

They make a similiar product in black http://www.svc.com/enalpaw6fana.html
http://www.svc.com/3enusdethcof1.html

In regards to that enermax you posted, Try finding the specs of that unit in regard to the fan controller's wattage, Enermax doesn't list it probably because its very low watts. Not the best choice if you ask me. Also this unit will measure from 40*c to 80*c (Which is sub par to anything else in this catagory) IMHO this is a piece of junk and there are better choices available

http://www.enermax.com.tw/uc-a07fatr2.htm

http://www.enermax.com.tw/uc-a07manual.pdf

A good option is buying this Digital doc 5 for $19.99 and then buying a A $14 Sunbeam fan controller

Then you would have the best of both worlds and the cost would still be cheaper then buying a Digital doc 5 anywhere else.

Mr B

Senior Admin Emeritus
Damn good deal, Sam. I just got ahold of a DD3 otherwise I'd ask Santa for one.... ;)

(wife = Santa) :D

(actually, the DD3 came from "Santa South") :cool: :p

Borisw37

Silversinksam said:

These are not Fan controllers per se. They can turn the fan on and off according to temps, but you need to mod them if you want them to be a true fan controller. I suggest buying this and a relatively cheap fan controller like a Sunbeam or a Nexus

This Digital Doc 5 is $40.99 at SVC

I have one of these, and i stoped using it as a fan on/off switch because its just too annoying. Especialy when i had 2 tornados connected to it. Hearing those jet engines turn on and off once every 15-20 sec was unbearable. How do you mod it to make it a better fan controller. I have e-mailed the company asking if there is a way to alter the schematics and make a temperature gap, like your home heating or cooing system has. So for example if you set temp to 30c, it will turn on at 31c, and turn off at 29c. But they said its not possible with the current unit.

OP
Silversinksam

Silversinksam

Borisw37 said:

I have one of these, and i stoped using it as a fan on/off switch because its just too annoying. Especialy when i had 2 tornados connected to it. Hearing those jet engines turn on and off once every 15-20 sec was unbearable. How do you mod it to make it a better fan controller. I have e-mailed the company asking if there is a way to alter the schematics and make a temperature gap, like your home heating or cooing system has. So for example if you set temp to 30c, it will turn on at 31c, and turn off at 29c. But they said its not possible with the current unit.

I never use the fan connectors myself, I have them all on Off/Disabled . I use this for the 8 thermal probes they have, plus the voltage monitoring.

My advise to zapbomb is the advise I use myself (You can use a 5.25" fan controller if you dont have a spare floppy drive)

A good option is buying this Digital doc 5 for $19.99 and then buying a $14 Sunbeam fan controller

Then you would have the best of both worlds and the cost would still be cheaper then buying a Digital doc 5 anywhere else.

PS I'll try to find the dd5 modding info and repost later)

GameFAQsRolo

Official Cool Guy
Commerce, Los Angeles County, California, USA
For the price, this is an AWESOME gift idea. If someone bought me this as a gift, I would be extremely grateful. I wouldn't buy it for myself, I'm holding out for a DD5+ sale(I'll wait until they get under $50, no hurry). I'll probably pick one up to give. Thanks SSS.

*EDIT* Now I just hope I don't decide to keep it when it arrives:D .

Last edited:
OP
Silversinksam

Silversinksam

GameFAQsRolo said:
(I'll wait until they get under $50, no hurry). I'll probably pick one up to give. Thanks SSS.

*EDIT* Now I just hope I don't decide to keep it when it arrives:D .

Well today is your lucky day, mention this DD5RULES and you get $5 off bringing the total to $46.95 on their Digital Doc 5+ at Jab-Tech

GameFAQsRolo

Official Cool Guy
Silversinksam said:
Well today is your lucky day, mention this DD5RULES and you get $5 off bringing the total to $46.95 on their Digital Doc 5+ at Jab-Tech

With shipping(when included as part of the other order) it's still just over $50. As tempted as I was to include it in my order, I can't fit it in my current budget. If it was $46.95 and no shipping, I wouldn't think twice about it.

Like I mentioned, I might just keep the DD5. The problem with it is that I'm out of bays and I need the USB 2.0 ports, which is why I'm holding out for the DD5+.

I've put off this hobby since the beginning of fall and now that I'm coming back into it, I'm on a strict budget. There's a few things I need to sell and RMA before I start buying again(although I already bought the ti4200 from the classifieds to play with:D).

GameFAQsRolo

Official Cool Guy
Gosh, it sure was pretty. It came today and I gave it to Cyberwiz01 already(forum member and buddy of mine). He was extremely happy. Great gift. Now all I need to do is drop him hints at the DD5+ for me:D .

They're still $19.99! I'm wondering if that's going to be the standard price for them at jab-tech now. If it is, I might just have to pick up another soon. I was really surprised with how fast the transaction was. I think it was about 90 minutes between my order and them shipping it. It's too bad they use UPS, I had to wait a whole week to get it. My first time having business with them and I'm impressed. :thup:

OP
Silversinksam

Silversinksam

GameFAQsRolo said:
Gosh, it sure was pretty. It came today and I gave it to Cyberwiz01 already(forum member and buddy of mine). He was extremely happy. Great gift. Now all I need to do is drop him hints at the DD5+ for me:D .

They're still $19.99! I'm wondering if that's going to be the standard price for them at jab-tech now. If it is, I might just have to pick up another soon. I was really surprised with how fast the transaction was. I think it was about 90 minutes between my order and them shipping it. It's too bad they use UPS, I had to wait a whole week to get it. My first time having business with them and I'm impressed. :thup:

Don't expect that price as the Everyday low price, it's a holiday sale. :cool:

Posidon42

WOW!! This is just what the doctor ordered, no pun intended ;)

Ordered this and some other stuff. Happy holidays to me!!