• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG Dimensional Overdrive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
About the T9303 cooler in the Dimension mounting bracket. I tried just stuffing one in there and it ran for about an hour at 3.72GHz in an Opti 745 QX6800 but then temps shot up about 10*C so I think I broke something. i would suggest getting the D9729 which fits, or mod the cover to clear the heatpipes on the T9303. There are 2 ways to do this. One is to cut the 4 corner plastic tubes in 1/2 from the front and rear sides, then stretch the holes. Add the rear middle hole as needed. The other way is to cut the top off of the T9303 holder with the 6 plastic tubes, cut all the tubes off of the old one and glue the piece on top of the old one. Drill/cut the holes as needed to match the new top. I put metal tape inside behind the extra holes, cut off all the extra brackets, filled the extra holes with Bondo and painted it. It's extra work if you want it to look nice, but I know you like your stuff to look good. I've gone to a new fan setup. AFC1512DG 150X50mm 1.8A. Dell 5 wire plug. I stuck mine in with Velcro, and taped up a gap on one side of the shroud. Very quiet fan that moves a lot of air at low speeds.

Last edited:
My 2nd PNY SSD failed a couple of weeks ago (which was only a few weeks after installing my new EVGA PSU as was recommended by Retro in an earlier post), just got a new SSD and am working on reinstalling everything again, this time I went with a Samsung 850 Pro 250Gb.

My 2nd PNY SSD failed a couple of weeks ago (which was only a few weeks after installing my new EVGA PSU as was recommended by Retro in an earlier post), just got a new SSD and am working on reinstalling everything again, this time I went with a Samsung 850 Pro 250Gb.

Sometimes SSD failure can be caused by Auto Defragmenation being on by default. Go to Accesories/ System Tools/ Auto Defragmentation and turn it off. It runs once a week by default and can damage SSDs.

Back