• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dimensions for holes to mount the cpu waterblock...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tastyratz

Registered
sum1 want to tell me the hole size and dimensions for the 4 holes around the cpu?

here here
O O

_______
| |
| |
| cpu |
|______|

O O
here and here.

i need to make a plate to hold down the waterblock im going to make but i dont know the distance between each centerline.

SemiCycle

socket.gif

amd-socket_spec.jpg

Albigger

while we're on the topic of dimensions...

anyone happen to know how far offset an AMD cpu die is from the center of the socket holes, or where I could find that info?

SemiCycle

You may want to PM cathar on that. I think I read in the past couple days about how he did something with his new block to deal with the off set core. He may have some info for ya.

Albigger

thanks for the heads up, i may contact him, i just didn't really want to bother him/**** him off without actually looking for the answers myself first.

thanks though..

OP
T

Tastyratz

Registered
great! thanks man! do you know what the standard is for a gpu too? like a gf3 for example.

Iron Hawk

Read the second picture posted. Its perfectly centered one way. the other way its 1.25 on one side,1.35 on the onther side.

lebe0024

Actually Iron Hawk, there is absolutely no positive way you can tell if it's vertically centered from the picture above. The only measurements that deal with the vertical distance of the core are not calibrated to anything else.

And I don't remember the core actually being to the left or the right, which is what that pic shows, but I thought it was off center vertically. Oh well.

Albigger

yeah, you definately CANNOT tell for sure where it is vertically.

Nor can you tell which AMD die that refers to...

Slipknow do you happen to have the link to the PDF that second pic came from (it says came from AMD pdf) or did you just get it from somewhere?

Albigger

Iron Hawk said:
oh, well, let me tell you, It is.

.... it is what? it is this.....
Iron Hawk said:
Read the second picture posted. Its perfectly centered one way. the other way its 1.25 on one side,1.35 on the onther side.

???

Or are you still not sure because that drawing seems to assume its in the middle of the ZIF socke and the middle of the CPU die?

Albigger

OK, nevermind, i just busted out the ruler and my burnt XP 1600 and measured to the nearest millimeter.

It appears to be centered horizontally on the ceramic die, and about 1/2 to 1 mm off or elongated vertically (within error of my crude measurment though)

Now from that drawing we can tell (as you said, iron hawk) how far it is off horizontally.

But vertically the holes are not dimensioned to the inside of the zif socket or the center so we don't know. they do look symmetrical though...