• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Diode or socket??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Amrathe

Okay, I read somewhere on this board (it was buried in a thread somewhere) that when people quote load temps they are quoting Socket temps. And to keep Socket Temps under 50C..

Other Places I hear keep Diode temps under 50C...

WHICH IS IT!!

I have been keeping Diode Temps under 50C, but if I should watch socket temps that means I can pull another 100mhz outta my chip on air..

ap673

I hate to disagree, but the CPU diode themp is the temp you should be looking at. As long as the Diode doesnt get to 60c on load, ur fine. I've made a few posts about this before.

For ex. right now my idle temps for cpu diode are 47c-50c and my socket is 31-32c. If I went by my socket temp, and overclocked even more, my diode would be 55-60c idle which i heard is not good.

OP
A

Amrathe

Okay, so I'll keep my system where it is at until I go deaf and put a Tornado on my system