• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Direct X 9 Beta 3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tragic_monkey

I have direct x 9 beta 3
is it worth installing this or not as it expires on the 8th of January 2003, has anybody installed it, if so has it improved performance and has anybody done anything bad to there computer by running it?

baqai

i wouldn't be too eager to install dx9 beta i had a bad experience with dx8 beta and besides i don't see any use of installing it there are no softwares using it and my ti4200 won't be utilizing it

funnyperson1

i tried them...not any more problems than DX8.1 but it sure as heck didnt fix any problems...i dont recommend it

xbiker321

Yeah to me knowlege the Geforce 4's dont even support Direct X 9 so there is no need to install it. If someone has a Radeon 9000 (i think) or 9700 install it and let us know any change in quality. : )

baqai

tragic you have a gf4 i don't think so you will be notice that much benefit from dx9 atleast not till the final version, how much difference was there in between dx8 and dx7 ??