• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED DIRECT X8 PROBLEM !!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
B

beast

WHEN I TRY TO INSTALL DIRECT X8 MY PC GIVES ME THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE DURING THE UNZIP << EXTRACTING FILE FAILED. IT IS MOST LIKELY CAUSED BY LOW MEMORY (LOW DISK SPACE FOR SWAPPING FILE ) OR CORRUPTED CABINET FILE >>
I TRIED WITH A SWAP FILE SET TO 5GB AND MORE BUT NOTHING. TRYED WITH DIFFERENT DIRECT X8 FILE BUT NOTHING.
ANY IDEAS?

would dx8 help my score in 3dmark 2k ?
i use det 6.67

find a friend with dx8 and then just copy the files to floppy-sux i know-but it will work. Also YES dx8 will help tremendously i upped mine over 2000 points in 3dm2k, also those are OLD drivers-try the 7.58 or the 1080, also the 1101 are great. I also use a TNT2 8 meg and it works great

Try zapping all the DX8 files and download them again, then start over. Once in a while, you can get a corrupt file during download, it's happened to me before. Also, try unzipping the file without your computer overclocked. Some machines don't do to well unzipping files when they're overclocked.

Back