• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Discount tire - $100 off set of 4 tires

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Humm I need new ones on me lude as well

Yea yokos are nice.

This is an insane deal also I'm pretty loyal to discount tire since I bought tires a while back. Anyone know of any place that sells steel rims for cheaper then $49 for 14in?

This is an insane deal also I'm pretty loyal to discount tire since I bought tires a while back. Anyone know of any place that sells steel rims for cheaper then $49 for 14in?

Truthfully, your local junkyard is the best place for steel wheels. The local yard here sells them for like 10 or 12 bucks each, depending on the size and condition.

Is that costco deal over? It was $60 off a set of 4 tires.

Is everyone just buying the cheapest tires possible or are you guys actually researching info about what you're buying?

My highlander came with GoodYear Integrity tires...which a lot of SUVs do and they SUCK.

Cost me $400 to get Yokohamas and have them installed. Read a lot of great things about them and felt it was worth it.

My highlander came with GoodYear Integrity tires...which a lot of SUVs do and they SUCK.

Cost me $400 to get Yokohamas and have them installed. Read a lot of great things about them and felt it was worth it.

That's similar to my story. Had OEM BF Goodrich AT tires, which were loud but lasted 70,000 miles. The Yokohamas are quieter, have more aggressive tread, smoother feel/ride, and from other's experienced should last as long or longer for only $20 more /tire compared to the BFGs.

For every day passenger car use, but that tread doesn't look overly aggressive so don't expect miracles i the snow.

All Yokohamas are long lasting, which is part of the allure. Then it's size and tread design that separates teh rest of the pack.

I'm using the 225/70SR16 Yokohama Geolandar H/T-S G051 for my 4wd Sante Fe (SUV). The difference is so great that I'm an immediate fanboy of this product.

For every day passenger car use, but that tread doesn't look overly aggressive so don't expect miracles i the snow.

All Yokohamas are long lasting, which is part of the allure. Then it's size and tread design that separates teh rest of the pack.

I'm using the 225/70SR16 Yokohama Geolandar H/T-S G051 for my 4wd Sante Fe (SUV). The difference is so great that I'm an immediate fanboy of this product.

so which tire would you recommend for my 95 accord? :D

my buddy bought these for his 96 - and he paid $200 a piece
they got em for $100 a pop = $400 - $100 - $50 rebate - $40 cash card = $210 for 4 of em installed :eek:

Last edited:
my gf just went to a local tire place a few days ago and got a quote of $300 for a set of 4 tires for her car. just checked discount tire and after the $100 savings a set of 4 Yoko Avids are $144 shipped

Add in about $15 per tire for mounting and balancing at Kmart and she will save almost $100:)

They have a pretty bad selection and prices for tires for my car compared to tirerack.com.

Avids are great when dry. WHen it rains, it will hydroplane slightly over a puddle or standing water. Snow and ice is just plane scary. I once slid a whole block and came to a stop right before the crosswalk on icy conditions. Good thing no cars where infront of me.

On dry pavement, these tires will not squeal and grip like crazy.

Picked up some 16's for my 280z. Great price on Kuhmo AST's, less then $200 for 4 shipped.

Back