• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dispaly...analog or digital..which is better?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wumeeks

Registered
Is there a performance increase in using digital connection with the higher end graphics cards? Or just stick with analog? or does it even matter?

Its less conversions that the signal has to go through. The less conversions the less degredation in the signal. IF you use the DVI connector then its
digital > digital

Where if you use the vga its
digital > analog >digital

very cool. thanks. now i gotta figure out how to get mine to work..when i plug my samsung synchmaster 152T to my 9700 pro with the digital plug i get nothing....maybe ill look into my vid card manual or something heheh. thanks again.

MEAT BAG said:
Where if you use the vga its
digital > analog >digital

That applies only to analogue LCD screens. CRT's are analogue devices.

my friend is gettin a 21 inch crt with dvi connector.. dono why.. mab to have higher resolutions and have enuf bandwidht on the cable or something..

I doubt he'll be able to power a 21" (D)CRT at more than 1024X768. LCD's refresh rates are a lot lower than CRT's and DVI doesn't have the bandwidth to do high res with high refresh. Not to mention most of commercial cards's DVI transmitters run at a mere 112Mhz. That's good for only 1024X768@85Hz.

Back