• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Display driver problem...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Your socket temp was getting way up there on that last screenshot, my money is on the board.

Your socket temp was getting way up there on that last screenshot, my money is on the board.

Yeah... you mean the CPUTIN don't you? It stuck at 65°C after 15min while running prime bend. Do you know where exactly that sensor is located? I'm asking because i've seen discussions about the CPUTIN-value that always seem to be a lot higher than the CPU-"package"-temp just like in the screenshot.
So far i've rised the RAM voltage to 1.55V (in bios it was set to "auto" with a range from 1.25V to 1.9V)
I don't have a spare-computer to test all the parts seperately but i'll give it a try to remove the RAM-sets one after another.

Yeah... you mean the CPUTIN don't you? It stuck at 65°C after 15min while running prime bend. Do you know where exactly that sensor is located? I'm asking because i've seen discussions about the CPUTIN-value that always seem to be a lot higher than the CPU-"package"-temp just like in the screenshot.
So far i've rised the RAM voltage to 1.55V (in bios it was set to "auto" with a range from 1.25V to 1.9V)
I don't have a spare-computer to test all the parts seperately but i'll give it a try to remove the RAM-sets one after another.

It's a sensor in the socket area. Being higher than the package temp is normal, but not by over 20°C.
This tells me the VRM can't keep up, it's heating up the socket area, and causing crashes.

Get a fan on the VRM at least, see if it helps, but you honestly won't get far with that motherboard and an octo-core.

I just experienced something. I started checkdisk for one of my hdds. While waiting i started playing pathofexile when i noticed that didn't run as fast as i experienced sooner. I barely played for 5min and the display-driver crashed. When i was able to close it i looked in the taskmanager and the mmc.exe was eating my whole RAM.
Might be a big clue to a RAM-failure, what do you think?
Meanwhile i closed mmc and everything works normal... (so the failure was not because of the voltage, but also it didn't solve it)

I just experienced something. I started checkdisk for one of my hdds. While waiting i started playing pathofexile when i noticed that didn't run as fast as i experienced sooner. I barely played for 5min and the display-driver crashed. When i was able to close it i looked in the taskmanager and the mmc.exe was eating my whole RAM.
Meanwhile i closed mmc and everything works normal... (so the failure was not because of the voltage, but also it didn't solve it)
It was using all 16 g of ram? Have you run a virus scan, maleware scan etc???

"mmc.exe is the Microsoft Management Console application and is used to display various management plug-ins accessed from the Control Panel, such as the Device Manager. This program is a non-essential system process, but should not be terminated unless suspected to be causing problems."

Seriously though, bring up your windows log entries and have a look around. Its usually pretty descriptive, and all of your errors will be in there for sure.

Hey guys.
I have some news... i worked on my ram. Although i removed different blocks the problem didn't disapear. It got worse instead. Usually when i play skyrim the game froze, and the driver restarted. This time after the game froze, the whole system froze and wouldn't work again until i cut it off.
What i noticed is, that the CPU and GPU fans go full speed as soon as the system freezes.
Know i have some errors in the log entries that i don't really understand, honestly.
Log Entrie.png

Look for yourself.

Sorry, but I can't help with that error as I don't know German.

Ok, let me help you:

Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.

Log Name - Application
Source - WMI
EventID - 10
Level - Error
User - N/A
OpCode - Info
Task Cat - None
Keywords - Classic

Hmm, it looks like this error can be caused by a worm virus a lot of times.
Can you boot to safe mode then run MalwareBytes?

Back