• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dissapointed in all nforce2 boards...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

attack

I'm not dissapointed in the chipset....just every manufacturer out there. Nforce2 offers so much, but I can't find one board with all the great nforce2 chipset features, as well as good OCing features.
Here's what I meen:
Abit NF7-S and Asus A7N8X deluxe....1.85vcore max, I'm sorry that's just weak, i'm not soldering resistors on my board and pay through the nose

So we travel down to trusty ol Epox who I have always loved
8rda, 8rda+ and soon to be 8rda3+ (was very hopeful on 3+)...no soundstorm, why not just take a baseball bat and hit me in the knees?

Chaintech's zenith board...I looked at it in desperation...no soundstorm and 200 FSB limit....maybe the 200 was fixed or can be, but again no soundstorm

MSI has a board that showed promise but had no mounting holes for waterblocks or large heatsinks.

Anyone know of a board with:
2.1 vcore
2.9+ vdimm
1.9+ AGP
1.8+ NB voltage regulation
soundstorm
mounting holes
250FSB option...preferably not jumping up by 3 or 4 FSB at high speeds where you need it!

the NF7-S goes higher then 1.85VCore.

2.3VCore
2.9Vdimm
1.8AGP
1.7NB

and max FSB is 250Mhz (although it goes from 245 to 250 in one step)

the VR review listed this for onboard:
Realtek ALC650 6 Channel Audio

Is that soundstorm? or is that review bad too? I'm getting quite perturbed! and are there any BIOS hacks that let you got atleast 1.8v on the chipset? I meen I could throw a SLK700 on that hipset probably...

it uses the alc650's for the DAC duties only. trust me, it has soundstorm - im using it right now.Remember there are two boards: the 'nf7' and the 'nf7-s' The later has soundstorm, aswell as raid and a few other extra's i believe.
Oh and there is also the 'nf7-m' which has an onboard gf4 440mx.

is DAC digital audio codec? and you know about the chipset voltage....any mods that don't require soldering?

i dont know about the chipset, no. 1.7v is selectable without mods though.

DAC stands for Digital.Analogue.Convertor - the name is self-explanitary really lol.

What do you need more than 1.9 to 2v on core voltage for? With the new generation chips, you're not going to gain much by pumping more than 1.85v through the chip... the "I need 2v core" thing may have been true on the older socket A chips, not anymore though...

SickBoy said:
What do you need more than 1.9 to 2v on core voltage for? With the new generation chips, you're not going to gain much by pumping more than 1.85v through the chip... the "I need 2v core" thing may have been true on the older socket A chips, not anymore though...

I got about 150mhz more jumping from 1.85 to 2V :D

The NF7-S definatley has soundstorm, and a 2.3v option for vcore...looks like [H]ardOCP had another bad review. :eek:

Back