• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Distilled water

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Technically you are correct, but my parts come out pretty clean when I break it down for cleaning so I'm inclined to stick with what's been working. There's a pH buffer in the product that I use as well, and that gives me additional peace of mind given my extended maintenance schedule.

Don't even bother with the silver if you're running a chemical biocide. It's redundant and more chance of a reaction.
Three years in the same loop with zero side effects except for the ek block. It seemed to work fine but your point seems valid. I still say it is an ek problem.

Just so everyone knows, distilled water is water that is boiled / "steamed off" then re collected (condensed) and thus has been distilled. Just like alcohol is made with a still, hence "distilled".

When water vaporizes it leaves behind the impurities. I've always ran distilled water /w universal auto antifreeze. Never had corrosion problems! Over 10 years of doing that.

Back