• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Divisors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyranos

The kt400 is supposed to have a 1/5 divisor correct? Why is it then, that when I raise my fsb to 137, my pci and agp speeds go up? Should they not stay the same? Or is it because I have not stated a high enough fsb speed (166mhz?) If I have to raise the fsb to 166, will that be ok for pc2100 ram? System is in my sig.

Arkaine23

Captain Random Senior Evil
divisors

Between 133 and 165, the PCI and AGP will steadily get mpore out-of-spec. When you hit 166, the 1/5 divisor turns on and PCI/AGP go back to stock. As you go above 166, they steadily get more out-of-spec.

If you have a low enough multiplyer, you can hit 166-200 pretty easily with the right ram.

OP
Tyranos

Tyranos

Hmm. It seems like it will not let me up my fsb past 165!

Arkaine23

OC

What ram do you have? that may be the problem.

What is your load temp? That may also be holding you ip.

What vcore and vdimm are you using? More volatge makes the overclock stable, if heat is not a problem...

How do you feel about unlocking? FSB above 166 is pretty easy if you have good memory and are using a 10.5x or lower multiplyer.

OP
Tyranos

Tyranos

Re: OC

Arkaine23 said:
What ram do you have? that may be the problem.

What is your load temp? That may also be holding you ip.

What vcore and vdimm are you using? More volatge makes the overclock stable, if heat is not a problem...

How do you feel about unlocking? FSB above 166 is pretty easy if you have good memory and are using a 10.5x or lower multiplyer.

Ah, I just remembered the mobo has a fsb switch also (100,133,166). Load temp is 40c, vcore is 1.85v, vdimm is +.1v. Ram is oem pc2100 256mb stick cl2.5.

I tried unlocking the cpu the other night. Seems like I didn't get it, since I can't get 11.5 multi. I might need to add another layer of defogger to each bridge. I filled the gaps with arctic alumina.

OP
Tyranos

Tyranos

Re: Re: OC

Tyranos said:

Ah, I just remembered the mobo has a fsb switch also (100,133,166). Load temp is 40c, vcore is 1.85v, vdimm is +.1v. Ram is oem pc2100 256mb stick cl2.5.

I tried unlocking the cpu the other night. Seems like I didn't get it, since I can't get 11.5 multi. I might need to add another layer of defogger to each bridge. I filled the gaps with arctic alumina.

er wait a minute. Well, 11.5 doesn't work for some reason, but 10.5 (1.3ghz) and 12(1.61ghz) work. Still hesitant about raising the fsb, I'm worrying about the pc2100 ram.

Arkaine23

OC

Yeah, sounds like your ram may hold you back. Find out how high you can get it on the largest multiplyer that works, the total clock speed you can get. Then find the highest FSB your ram can do. Weak memory settings and extra vdimm will probably help with that. Now take your max clock speed and divide by your max FSB. Round the result down and you've found the best multipler to use for the time being.

OP
Tyranos

Tyranos

hmm. Think I can start at 166 fsb so I can hit the divisor? I'd rather have fried pc2100 than a fried r9700 or wd hd. Seems like I can't get 12.5, just stays at 1.61ghz when it should be at 1.66.

attack

i've never heard of RAM frying from high FSB speeds....heard of HD's and peripheals though, so definetly start at 166, use very weak timings

OP
Tyranos

Tyranos

Hmm, when I switch the jumper on the mobo to 166 fsb, it boots and shows in the bios that its at 100mhz fsb and only gives me min/max values for fsb for 100-132.