• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Divx 5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WyrmMaster

I'm a little teapot Senior
Has anybody been able to get DIVX5 videos to play in anything except for DIVX player 2.0? I have installed the codec, but no other player will play the video. They all play audio, but not video.

lazerin

I have Divx 5 and all the stuff thats encoded in divx 5 work on all my media players except quicktime :D (for obvious reasons).

OP
WyrmMaster

WyrmMaster

hmm, what version of windows? I have installed both the codec alon and along with the divx 2.0 player and it wont work with anything but the divx 2.0 player. Windows medai player downloads a codec, and then says it didnt work.

XprincoX

bargain hunter
hmmm.. wut version of the codec did you install? Gotta get the 5.02's. And sometimes win media player doesn't play some videos for some reason, or it only plays the audio. So you can try using mplayer2.exe in the windows media player folder in prog files. :D

OP
WyrmMaster

WyrmMaster

I have the 5.02 codec, and i have tried playing it mplayer2 and also in zoom player and the gdivx player. None of them work. I install the codec manually, and then try it and it doesnt work. mplayer2 tries to download a new codec (which doesnt work), even when i have already installed it. I have tried installing JUST the codec, and also tried installing it along with the divx 2 player. The only way i can get it to work is by using the divx 2 player. I have had this problems on two different installs of windows, using win2k.

lazerin

Bare in mind, with Nimo installed, the vcd encoder in Nero Burning Rom will not function properly. It will encode everything upside down :D

n2

lazerin said:
Bare in mind, with Nimo installed, the vcd encoder in Nero Burning Rom will not function properly. It will encode everything upside down :D

hahaha Nifty!

OP
WyrmMaster

WyrmMaster

Oni said:

Sorry, have it. :p

Well, i have the lite pack anyway. They were at there bandwidth limit for the month when i was getting it so i had to get teh lite. Il try the regular though...

OP
WyrmMaster

WyrmMaster

Well, the full nimo pack fixed it for me, thanks guys. It seems that the normal divx5 download only has half of the codec, the half that THEIR plyare (which is crap by the way) needs to work, and not the half that everything else needs to work.

Tipycol

lazerin said:

Is that the only problem with Nimo with Nero or are there others?

Thanks

Tipycol

DDR-PIII

Disabled
Well I formated aboput a week - 1/2 half ago and wasnt able to DL divx but i was able to play the divx files anyways, its w eird :/

Chris

when i install divx i always install the codec only as i dont like that player, divx5 files ruhn in any media player i chooose then without a problem. This is the media player i use its great, i cant stand the windows media player.

x1xBugsBunnyx1x

i use pwr DVD to play all my vid files? the nimo pack has crap in it, when you attempt an encode, virt dub pops up a warning about hacked codecs etc etc..so i stay away from it.. also i never use the DivX player, dont install it either, yuck..

OP
WyrmMaster

WyrmMaster

chris_4130 said:
when i install divx i always install the codec only as i dont like that player, divx5 files ruhn in any media player i chooose then without a problem. This is the media player i use its great, i cant stand the windows media player.

yah, thats the player i use too, works great. Its strange though, the ONLY way i could get divx5 to work in zoomplayer was to install NIMO. O well, it works.