• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DIY Flow Temp Meter with Nokia display

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rdagger

Registered
This is my homemade 5.25" bay LCD display to show temperature and flow rate. The display runs independently of the computer on an Atmel AVR MCU. The display is a Nokia cell phone 130x130 pixel color LCD that shows a graph of water temperature, the minimum/maximum range and the flow in liters per minute. I can post more build info if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• flow meter1.jpg
    flow meter1.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 2,778
  • flow meter2.jpg
    flow meter2.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 2,762
  • flow meter3.jpg
    flow meter3.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 2,738

Spawn-Inc

very cool. i don't use flow meters or ever would but still neat that you built it yourself.

would like more info though.

bing

Low Profile Senior
rdagger, that is really great job you've done there and looks cool too ! :thup:

Is that AVR also stuffed with usb stack ?

OP
rdagger

rdagger

Registered
I'll post the schematics, code and eagle files on my site soon. This AVR has no USB hardware, although it is possible to implement USB on this chip in software.

bing

Low Profile Senior
Yup, thats what I mean, if you still have enough space in there, an usb stack will be really handy, especially with long term logging, also and additional IO port for AD for temperature probe if you still have spare there, that will be really cool.

Again, really great job & thanks for sharing ! :)