• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dlt3c 0319 @svc for 59.99

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Grouch

I wonder how these overclock, SVC got pretty good results (2.4) but then again i doubt they'd post crappy something that showed crappy results. It should be interesting to see how well these work, as the they are 9 weeks "newer" than the 0310s that everyone has had such great sucess with (and not to mention cheaper)

tycho4511

Registered
I really want one of those DLT3C's. How much, or at all do you think the price will drop in the next 6 weeks. I wont have all my parts available for 6 weeks or so, so I plan on holding off buying hoping to save some money. Any estimates on the price and availability of the DLT3C in 6 weeks. I just started paying attention to hardware and overclocking, so I don't have much of a reference. This seems like a pretty good deal, might just have to buy it now. Thanks

The Grouch

Welcome to the forums Tyco,

This is a great place to learn about and share your overclocking / computing experience and knowledge.

Ben721

Official X-Hour Man
Tycho, if I was you I'd get on this deal now, because I am pretty sure SVC is loosing money, so this won't go on forever.

bafbrian

asj said:
and also arn't they going to stop the 1700+'s? and just have 2100+ and up?

You know, I heard that too. If that becomes the case, then we all will have to stock up on DLT3C 0310 chips for the later months.

Also, get the chip from SVC and tell us how it OC's.

BTW- tycho4511

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS

hitechjb1

If you have a good PSU and a good HSF such as SK7 or even better SLK-800U, it should have a good chance to get to 2.4+ GHz on air.

I tried two TBred B 1700+ DLT3C, stepping JIUHB, 0310, one XPMW and one WPMW, both are able to do 2.5 GHz stable.

I have not tried personally other weeks and codes other than the two I mentioned. But from what's reported from the many posts, regardless of the week and four letter codes, the 1700+ DLT3C has highest probability to get to the highest oc frequency under 1.9-2V on air, even compared to 2100+ and 2500+, due to its high current and low transistor threshold nature. If considering the price, the 1700+ is the best deal.

For new comers, this link may help: Tbred B 1700+ DLT3C 2.5+ GHz air results. It contains info how to overclock CPU and FSB, HSF, cooling on air, PSU, ...

tycho4511

Registered
Thanks for the advice and the welcomes. I really find this field fascinating. Hopefully I will still think that in a few weeks after my first attempts at building and getting a little more from my computer.

Edward2

I have 2 1700+ DLT3C CPU's myself (see sig for details), and I agree that they are phenominal overclockers. For 59.99 you can't go wrong.

(edit) You can also get the Thermalright SLK-900(U) for 39.99, the SLK-800(U) for 32.99, and the SLK-800(A) for 28.95 with the email coupon code.

sanford1

AFAIK the DLT3C chips are history and the price won't really go down. I also have two of them a "W" and an "X" of 0310 vintage and they are pretty much the same. I'm still trying to figure out why these chips even exist.

Nick44

That $59 is a very very good price for a DLT3C chip. I just recieved my DLT3C 0310 from Excaliburpc.com and I paid $68 plus shipping. However, Excalibur guarantees you get the stepping you select (XMPW or WMPW) or they will refund your money. I havent installed mine yet, I am debating on getting the NF7-S 2.0 board to replace the KR7A 133 Raid mobo I am using currently.

hitechjb1

sanford1 said:
AFAIK the DLT3C chips are history and the price won't really go down. I also have two of them a "W" and an "X" of 0310 vintage and they are pretty much the same. I'm still trying to figure out why these chips even exist.

These chips exist because of overclockers. And it is cheap so we can save the money to get a good HSF and overclock more, ...

OC Detective

If they are week 19 (week beginning May 5th production) then maybe AMD, contrary to popular opinion, have not stopped producing them.

hitechjb1

OC Detective said:
If they are week 19 (week beginning May 5th production) then maybe AMD, contrary to popular opinion, have not stopped producing them.

Good point.

Did AMD officially announce stop making the Tbred B 1700+ DLT3C?
If so, did they put a date?

Emericana

i ordered one but wont be able to install it till next thursday (got final exams next week).... amd officially stopped producing 1700's on week 13 so lord knows why they made some more... they use the new PCB tho

OC Detective

Emericana said:
i ordered one but wont be able to install it till next thursday (got final exams next week).... amd officially stopped producing 1700's on week 13 so lord knows why they made some more... they use the new PCB tho
Are you basing the statement that they officially stopped producing them on week 13 on the fact they were removed from the price list - or do you know something else?