• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DMZ NAT Battle.net EA App Pass Thru

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

unsafesteagle

Anyone have an easy experience opening firewall ports thru a public dmz?
I have Steam ports open and steam functions as expected . EA Origin APP nor Blizzard Battle.net APP's will connect onto the network.
I've made aliases for the required ports.

that's strange, you shouldn't have to open any ports for any of them programs, does your router have UPNP enabled, that should be all you really need..

UPNP is disabled. I'm opening ports as needed manually with a deny all rule.
Quickly if I enable an allow all rule both EA and battle net connect online.

Using the firewall log and states I'm unable to identify the problem. I was last left with possibly a random port translation problem.
NAT is enabled although it's only a public address space.

Have you searched for what ports are used by the respective applications?

For blizzard, for example

1) Could it be an issue where the allow rule is implemented 1st then the deny all overrides it?
2) What firewall are you using?
3) You all are up either very early or very late. ;)

1) this configuration allows the service to connect.
2) it's a pfsense firewall. By default the rule list ends with a rule denying everything else.

I haven't yet a chance to verify and compare the ports as the guide here suggests.

Confirming the above link identify's the ports needed for the network on blizzard battle.net and call of duty
The port alias i had created and was trying before did not include all the correct ports.

As for EA App my search engine results have all failed to identify ports TCP 9000 and 8095
Ports TCP 9000 and 8095 are needed by evidence from the firewall logs and allow the EA App Online status to fully function

And also adding this TCP port range to the EA App list allowed Battlefield 5 and Battlefield 2042 online access. TCP 42100 - 44450 and also TCP 10000 - 29999
A combination of the firewall log and a redit post helped solve the issue.

For EA App the guide at this link is insufficient on both the EA App and Battlefield online

Last edited:
Back