• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do I Be locked mon?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

theMonster

Disabled
Hey guys, I just got my shuttle AN35N Ultra 400 board and am using an Athlon XP 1800+ PALOMINO with it. I'm finding that I'm maxing out my FSB at 145mhz, which seems a little low, but maybe if I ditch the stick of 2100DDR that I have that'll help. Anyway, the main problem is that it seems to ignore whatever setting I set the multiplier to. No matter what I set it at, it still shows up in all the CPUID and like programs as having the 11.5x multiplier. This being a PALOMINO, it should not be clock locked, am I right? If so, any ideas on why the multiplier is being ignored? Thanks.

Psykoikonov

I believe all Palominos are locked, my 1800+ definetly is, yours defintely is from waht you've said. Even with DDR333 you'll doing good to 150Mhzx11.5=1.725. Palominos were not great ocers in general.

Psyko

Yuriman

All palominos are locked. You can unlock them, but your better off gettign a used thoroughbred and selling the pally. You can probably get 1.75ghz, with 1.9v, while a 1700+ thoroughbred will get 2.2ghz or more with that voltage.

OP
theMonster

theMonster

Disabled
Bah!!! I found that the Palominos ARE the ones that are locked. I thought that the later ones like the T-Bred and Bartons were the locked ones, my luck. That changes the question to --Should I spend $100 on a Mobile 2600 or just hold onto my mildy overclocked 1800+ (from 1533-1670) until I'm ready to take the 64-bit plunge in a couple of years,(*RANT*) when they've got it right and aren't tinkering with stuff they sell to the public so that you'll have to buy new stuff in a year's time.

Psykoikonov

I own both an 1800+ @ 148x11.5 and a Mobile Barton @ 250x10 and there is NO comparison. I would definetly spend 100 bones on a mobility. Even if it only does 2.4GHz it'll blow the doors of that pally.

Psyko

Quailane

I have a pally 2100 that runs at 144 fsb. I don't know the multiplier though, but it is locked.