• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do I have enough fans?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

johnmcc516

I have an Ahanix "Black Knight" case with 2 120mm fans. One for intake, the other for exhaust. Intake is placed in the lower front and exhaust is under the psu. Will these 2 fans be strong enough to keep my temps low, or should I order more? If I order more I may have to mod the case to get them to fit.

I don't have any temps because I haven't build it yet. I was just wondering if I should go ahead and order another fan before I start putting this monster together. Thanks for the help.

Pros:
- Quite (Silent at <4)
- Good value
- Fan controller/temperature readout

Cons:
- No removable mobo tray
- Sliding door makes noise
- No Fahrenheit temperature readout
- Hard to access buzzer on/off feature
- Intake blocked by the bazel
Conclusion

The Black Knight is made to be very quiet, and it looks elegant. The cost may be disagreeable to some, but I personally think this is a pretty good value for the ~$69.00 that you’ll have to dish out for the Black Knight. If you think about it, buying a fan controller with the temperature readout would run you about $30 or more. So that leaves about $40 for the case itself, which isn’t really that bad considering this case has pre-made 120mm fan holes. Another problem with this case is the sliding door; it makes more noise than it should. If you are into wire hiding and like to run most of the wires on the back of the mobo tray; good luck, because there’s very little clearance between the tray and the side panel. Overall, I am pretty pleased with the Ahanix Black Knight case.

SOURCE LINK

** I would remove those fan grids from the case before you put your components inside..;) Thats a nice looking case..:)

IMHO those two fans should be just fine for airflow. However, if your case temps seem higher than they should be than you might want beefier fans in those spots or more fans, although I doubt you'll have case temp problems.

John, you've put the cart before the horse.
There is no way to know for sure if your cooling config will be any good till you are up and running.
Two 120's seems like a good start, you'll know better after you are done.

Surely you didn't think you were only going to assemble this thing just once?

What do you plan on running in there? Also is your room a/c'd or not. Mine is not and I have to have 3 120mm to keep decient temps since ambient can run upto 34°C on a real bad day. My friend had an Amd 2800? I think. Whatever the one step down from top of the line is and he is suing your case also. His temps @ 27°C ambient are about 53°C full load.

Hope this helps

Back