• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do I have Winbond BH-5 memory?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Slappi

I have Corsair Platinum Series XMS memory.

On the memory it says CMX512-3500C2PT XMS3502v1.1

I was just wondering what type of memory it uses and if it is any good. I was going to buy more memory and was wondering if I should sell these or buy more of the same. I hear everyone talk about Winbond memory and I guess it is pretty good.

Thanks.

Hmmmm. looks like it. I tried to take off the heat spreader but I think they glued it on and I didn't want to damage the memory.

Sir Barton said:
only one way to find out.....crank up the juice and tighten those timings :).

Heh!

Ok will do..... what should I expect from BH-5 at what voltages?

i believe corsair uses thermal tape to put on their heat spreaders, should come off easy enought just be gentle

Slappi said:
Heh!

Ok will do..... what should I expect from BH-5 at what voltages?
BH5 runs at 2-2-2-X, with the X being pretty much anything. But start with it at like 11 and turn it down as far as possible. Only thing is that I think BH5 needs volt mods to keep high speeds with those 2-2-2 timings.

kiyoshilionz said:
BH5 runs at 2-2-2-X, with the X being pretty much anything. But start with it at like 11 and turn it down as far as possible. Only thing is that I think BH5 needs volt mods to keep high speeds with those 2-2-2 timings.

Thanks.

Give me about 10 minutes.

kiyoshilionz said:
If he's on an AMD setup he should leave it at 2-2-2-11. It has been proven numerous times that 2-2-2-11 yields more bandwidth than 2-2-2-5 and so on; however, if he is on a P4 setup timings don't matter, raw MHz do.

Slappi said:
Hmmmm. looks like it. I tried to take off the heat spreader but I think they glued it on and I didn't want to damage the memory.
No you don't want to be taking those heatspreaders off.

What Sir Barton said. Put timings at 2,2,2,x put some v to them see if you can get 250fsb 1:1. If so you got BH-5

BigStan said:
240-260 at 3.2v

Ok I have it at 210 at 2-5-2-2 that 5 is something like ACT to pre something or other...... is that the 11 you guys are talking about? My IC7 MAX2 only has 5,6,7,8.

I will go for higher in a minute after I hear from you guys.

My max for mem is only 2.8v :-/

Also How do I know it is stable?

Ok I have it at 220 2-2-2-5 right now at 2.8v..... is there anyway to get more volts with this MB IC7-G MAX2?

The heatspreaders come off pretty easily.. Run memtest for a few runs, shut the system down, pull the ram, and GENTLY pry the heatspreader off from one side. Just go slow and everything will be fine. Running memtest will warm up that thermal tape.

Ugh, yeah I should have read that better.. You definately have BH-5. I thought I saw PC3200 in your description.

Last edited:
Don't pull the heat spreaders off. there is no reason, all corsair xms3500 is bh-5, it will run much faster than your board, and removing the spreaders only voids the warranty, craps up the stick for you or anyone else if you decide to sell them.

2coop said:
Don't pull the heat spreaders off. there is no reason, all corsair xms3500 is bh-5, it will run much faster than your board, and removing the spreaders only voids the warranty, craps up the stick for you or anyone else if you decide to sell them.

Ok I won't take off the spreaders.

For some reason I can only get 430mhz stable with 2-2-2-5 at 2.8v..... is this normal for that voltage with this ram?

Thanks.

i would say yes with those timings. in order to really get it going you need like 3.2v. bh-5 really loves voltage.

Shuzzy said:
i would say yes with those timings. in order to really get it going you need like 3.2v. bh-5 really loves voltage.

Does the K8N Neo Platinum support 3.2v without a mod?

Also will 3.2v kill the ram fast?

And can that ram get to 500(250mhz) at 3.2v and at what timings if so?

Thanks.

Back