• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do I really need clamps on my water block?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sketch

My question is that I really don't have enough room to put hose clamps on my dangerden water block, because of the weird mounting I had to do to get it on the cpu. It has 3/8in barbs on it and during testing for the three days straight i didn't have them on there with no leaks, so I guess i'm just looking for some reassurence. Please let me know what you thing.

Sketch

If the hoses fit on nice and tight you should be ok. I have done the same thing myself before but being a little on the paranoid side when it comes to water sorting my mobo, causing a fire, and burning my house down I used some twist ties on the waterblock just for insurance.

I tested mine for a few days with no problem, but I think that if the waterblock happens to get hot, it can soften plastic hose, which could lead to a leak.

I used to scoff at hoseclamps ,,till I ruined a vid card ,now i PUSH EM ON PEOPLE!!,you can buy the spring type clamps that take up almost no room and actually work better than the screw type ,,but heat will soften the hose ,,and eventually it will prolly leak like mine did :p

surlyjoe (Dec 28, 2000 01:41 a.m.):
I used to scoff at hoseclamps ,,till I ruined a vid card ,now i PUSH EM ON PEOPLE!!,you can buy the spring type clamps that take up almost no room and actually work better than the screw type ,,but heat will soften the hose ,,and eventually it will prolly leak like mine did :p
Hey surly . . . . . . . .
I got a tip for the master. On the hose were it is attached to my pump on my system I justed used a ZIP tie pulled tight with a pair of pliers. I can't even pull the hose of the pump now, no matter how hard I trie!

Back