• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do Not Open Email From Me!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

walaka7

My wife did the big no no.. since all the people i comunicate with are here, this is where im posting it.. Mods, if it cant be here plz move, i just want to get word out ASAP.

She opened an email that attactches itself to my addy book.. it then sends out email to everyone in it this occured yesturday, so any email before that is safe.. as of 7:30 pm PST any emails after that are safe as i killed the prog that was sending it. I will be fdisking before any emails are sent from that rig as well..

I hope i get this out in time :mad: :mad: :mad:

Thanks for the heads up, it might save someone a re-format.

steve

thanks for that walaka, so i take it i am not in the address book then:confused: :)

FOLD ON
NAS

Hey Nas, you're lucky, so am I.

He doesn't like either of us.

(I'm joking already)

steve

Yeah I checked the header of the message from ocau and the message was actually from you wally even thought it did have a overclockers.com.au address.

norton killed it so no worries.

Ebola I was thinking of that as I read the first post. It is a good thing we are virus concious or it could be a lot worse. Walaka make sure you check other people in your adress book like your mom and such that are not as aware to the harm they can do. Good luck getting rid of it. Do you know which one?

It is the Klez virus. I have gotten 6 from you Walaka, all attributed to someone else in the "reply to", but all originating from you based on the complete header. No worries. I pull all of my POP3 mail through Yahoo and it catches the virus (every time-crosses fingers). I am glad you figured it out. Good luck with cleaning up the mess.

:beer:

Anthony

Ebola said:
Wally I've gotten 5 infected emails from you now. Is this computer still on?

That rig has been castarated and cannot send email ATM , until i can fdisk it and reinstall after work today. Just in case, Im gonna leave it down completly today. Is the email being sent by earthlink or excite?

Hey, Check it out, I made the 'A' list. Just got an infested e-mail, lucky for me, ev1 has virus protection.

I never actually recieved the e-mail - just got notification.

Thanks for the Heads- up Walaka.

steve

p s mine was earthlink, and came today.

thx for headsup.. I finally traced it back to 2 email accounts.. One used by outlook and the other was a remote account. Apparently, this virus "latched itself" to 32 different proggies that are used for communication.. Some examples were: pcanywhere, outlook, kazzalite, musicmatch, and wolfenstein!! It took two different virus proggies to find them all (i used three though pc cillin, norton, and mcafee).. I am really sorry for inconvenience that this caused, and i thank you all for your patience.. THe admins are working on the puters affecting the puters at my wifes work so all virus activity related to my base account should cease <phew>

I was just letting you know the menace was still out there, absolutely no complaints from me.

P S I used to really dislike my ISP (ev1) now I think I'll live with it.

Keep it up Walaka, this too will pass. I know that we're not supposed to flame anyone but, I would love to flame the****%$#@@%^ that is putting out these viruses.

steve ( 8(l) Homer thinks virus creators are MORONS

yeah they're coming back at me too :( I guess the admins at my wifes work still have some issues. Also, one person of whom i purchased an ebay item from has it and has been sending it back (i guess he doesnt have a handle on this yet).. Anyway, its not coming back on this rig or my wife's and the other rigs dont have email configed on them, so at least this pitri dish is sealed :D.. I will continue to contact senders that continue popping them in my box and perhaps we can break the whole chain :)

4 more, 2 sat. 2 more sun. My fault, I'm the one that said I wasn't liked here.

All 4 of them came thru earthlink, have fun fixing this mess. let us know if/what we can do to help.

steve

Back