• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DO really need to seal everything?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dxiw

Disabled
I have an athlon xp and overclocked to where i want it it will put out around 90-100 watts, I want to use a 172W pelt to keep it in the 30C idle and 40C load or somewhere around there just a few degrees lower than my current air cooling which is 41/47 with 86W of heat. I am just wondering, because the temps will be the same as now more or less or maybe a little lower, but not below room temp (25) do I need to seal my mobo and cpu from condensation, after all its not going to be reaching those temps like 15C or below where you get lots of condensation.....also, if i keep cpu right around room temp do i have to still seal my stuff from condensaiton?

Warlord2

hmm why dont you just make a water cooling system? you will get those temps easy and it will be alot more quiet. Ive never seen anyone use a 172watt tec with just air cooling, I dont think its posible.

OP
dxiw

dxiw

Disabled
I am going to use the TEC on water i forgot to say that, I just want it to take a crapload of wattage like 100-110 and keep it around room temp or upto about 40ish. This way i can cool a overclocked monster without any problems

Lt. Max

lol when i first read ur thread i read steal instead of seal :D
well my friend had a 226w tec and we sealed everything , but not throoughly , he had probs wit his comp at first so i suggest you seal first time and well :)

Warlord2

Im at 97watt and have a temp of 32c most of the time. I woudnt waste your money on a peltier setup, just make a kick a$$ h20 rig first and if you dont like the temps you can try a pelt setup.

juliendogg

i agree with warlord, start with watercooled first, if all you're lookin for is a quiet rig with temps around 40 you should be able to achieve this with watercooling alone. it's easy enough to add a pelt afterwards if you decide you need to.

OP
dxiw

dxiw

Disabled
can watercooling handle like 120-130W of heat though? I plan on running around 2.2v and 166 fsb.

JFettig

Hey! I showered! Senior
well if watercooling can handle the 100watts of heat fromthe cpu, and the over 176watts of the peltier, it can handle at least 130watts of heat(try 600 or so)

Warlord2

I could prolly crank up my cpu to 120watt or so and still not have much of a change. oh yeah a 172watt pelt wouldnt cut it anyways, you need atleast a 226watt on there for those types of numbers.