• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do you guys think AMD could've beaten Intel with Ryzen like, or was matching the

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Intel has not done or will do a darn thing different since there in the lead with architecture and the CPU prices are still the same cost.:(

Edit: After reading the first post, lol, the only way amd is in the lead is if you use more cores, and want to save money. Most users, even here, do not benefit from more than 4c/8t..games wont (a lot of them so it males a difference) for years. Ipc, while vastly improved, is still not beating intel. Overclocking past their xfr is nearly nonexistent...

This^. I got a hex core FX because more=better, right? I don't think I ever really used all six cores. To be honest, I was surprised to find out Ryzen would be all about the core count. They did that with FX and the average user can still probably get by with an i3. For gaming, email, web browsing, etc., my chip is serious overkill. I'm still not sure why AMD went after the Haswell/ core count market.

Back