• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do you guys use TWO AIO (for CPU/GPU each)?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

P A U L

Registered
It never occurred to me before to use two AIO, but would it be feasible? I currently have a Corsair AIO for my CPU wih the radiator top mounted and fans blowing up and out.

If I had a GPU AIO, I would have to front mount it with the fans....as intake blowing in??

Are there AIO that have 2 blocks for both CPU and GPU??

Sure it's feasible........no less than using two radiators..... it's the same difference.

I don't know of any AIOs that use a rad/two that has blocks for a GPU and CPU.

I'm not super commited to getting an AIO for a GPU. So far, with my old *** GTX 690, playing 5 year old games, I haven't ever seen the temp go over 82. I'm trying to be thrifty so convincing myself that isn't bad and doesn't reeeeallly need liquid cooling...I'd get it just to be cool. pun intended.

Also, @dfonda. check out his video:

apparently your front orientation for the AIO is not optimal

I imagine with 2 AIO, having the front blowing inward the radiator's heat isn't too bad for introducing 'more' heat inside the case. Especially with steady flow in/out... Hmmm.

I'm not super commited to getting an AIO for a GPU. So far, with my old *** GTX 690, playing 5 year old games, I haven't ever seen the temp go over 82. I'm trying to be thrifty so convincing myself that isn't bad and doesn't reeeeallly need liquid cooling...I'd get it just to be cool. pun intended.

Also, @dfonda. check out his video:

apparently your front orientation for the AIO is not optimal

I imagine with 2 AIO, having the front blowing inward the radiator's heat isn't too bad for introducing 'more' heat inside the case. Especially with steady flow in/out... Hmmm.
Yes I have seen that video...but for one I have been using AIO's longer than he has...lol (My oldest was at least 10 years old before it failed and it wasn't the pump).....2nd I have never had an issue with my rad orientation....and 3rd isn't that for front rads? My rad is on the top for the CPU...Isn't that how shaggy recommended it to be? The front rad is above the GPU...where else would I put it if it wasn't in the front? I don't mean to be caustic but I am not a big fan of that guy he takes his job a little too seriously. I lean toward Paul and Bitwit.

I made this same comment on that vid around a month ago when it popped up on my feed...His key word is "May"

Anyway at the 11:30 mark correct and incorrect rad mounts, mine looks like it matches correct...what do you see wrong?

As a side note my GPU at 90 to 100% power is in the high 40's low 50's....my CPU I forget but it isn't under load for what I use my PC's for...(f@h) I use an AIO for my CPU for looks and case air circulation. My cooling efforts revolve around my GPU as it runs 24/7.

Last edited:
your's matches "incorrect" at 11:30.. video suggests the radiator be inverted so the tubes connection is at the bottom of the PC.

At 11:30 the pump is above the rad and it says incorrect.....At 11:37 the rad is at the top of case (Like mine) and the vid says correct...Am I looking at the same vid?

The GPU rad is above the GPU mounted at the front. Not that I care but isn't shaggy saying keep the inlets on the Rad above the pump ?

Please explain (Anyone) how my Rad for the CPU is different....'cause I am 100% not seeing it.

You do see in my pic that my CPU rad is at the top of my case...correct? I can post another pic if you think the front Rad is connected to my CPU....You originally asked to see my GPU Rad and that is the pic I posted.

Last edited:
The point of that video (what I took away from it) was to keep the in/out of the radiator on the bottom. When the in/out is on top, air sits there and could get sucked into the tubes/pump.

IF you flip your rad so the tubes are on the bottom, it should be optimal as the air should sit at the top of the radiator (the highest point in the loop) with no chance of air being added to it if the fluid evaporates.

Last edited:
So...you can never mount a rad at the top of a case? What am I missing at 11:37 when it says top is correct. How do you get around that?...CM recommends it in their directions.

The front lines are long enough for that one to be switched (If I take the trouble)...but I thought we were talking about the CPU like in the vid. If I flip the front rad the pump will be above....

That is why I didn't get it...I understood it to be pump above. Missed this other point of inlet at bottom...my bad.

I am going to test this tho...I will remember to post in this thread at the 3 year mark...Very unlikely that I will still own the GPU but if I do I'll include the OEM parts for the buyer.

Last edited:
You can, sure! Air goes to the top of the rad and won't go out of downward facing inlets.

11:37 is saying it ISN'T correct (according to the words on screen). The pump is higher than the entire radiator is what I see as wrong there. I think he covers that scenario later in the video...15:52.

The 'correct' image after (11:54) has the rad up top, inlets down (pump below in this case).

The front lines are long enough for that one to be switched (If I take the trouble)...but I thought we were talking about the CPU like in the vid.
As the video mentions...permeation and other factors are at play. If you're running it cooler, for example, it will 'bleed' less and take longer (if) for it to happen. The point is to keep air out of the pump as best you can.

Last edited:
You can, sure! Air goes to the top of the rad and won't go out of downward facing inlets.

11:37 is saying it ISN'T correct (according to the words on screen). The pump is higher than the entire radiator is what I see as wrong there. I think he covers that scenario later in the video...15:52.

The 'correct' image after (11:54) has the rad up top, inlets down (pump below in this case).

As the video mentions...permeation and other factors are at play. If you're running it cooler, for example, it will 'bleed' less and take longer (if) for it to happen. The point is to keep air out of the pump as best you can.
Yeah I got the time wrong 11:50 show rad above and the words correct. (Or 11:54 if I moved my mouse)

It is just had to reconcile the info in that vid with real world results...Both the first Corsair H50 (2009) and two H70's lasted 10 years. I am pretty sure the 3 CM's I have are made better than those oldies...If you have fans I wonder how you could ever even hear air bubble noise...I LOL'ed at that.

Last edited:
I have an MSI P240 on my CPU and it works fine, but the GPU is a little loud now. I might put an AIO on it, with the CPU 240 top mounted blowing out and the Alphacool Eiswolf 2 front mounted as intake for the 3080. Seems a bit much for a mATX case, but I think it would all fit :soda:

Back